BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are visting family in Central California this summer, then plan on renting a vehicle and drving HW 1 up the coast to Oregon. Not enough time to get to B.C. again, my bad. Anyone have information, experience in Oregon, probably the wife and I would fish for 3-4 days. Prefer a lodge and guide. Any information would be appreciated. Salt.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here try this link Salt. I think you find everything you need here
http://www.ifish.net/
What time of the year are you planning on coming up? The wife and I are planning on hitting the Oregon coast around the end of May, this also is the time of the big behemoth sturgeon start show on the Columbia to feed on the Shad. Little does the wife know but thats why I suggested we go down in the spring instead of the summer. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to hook a big fish somewhere other then on the Fraser........

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey bill,
Astoria Oregon is a great place for Sturgeon! but dont get your hopes up, the fish there arent that big. but you can keep them if they are the right length. how do i know? was born there and my parent were raised there. that was always the best thing to do in the summer every year. go fishin with grandpa :beerchug:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. We are flexable on dates, looking to fish for salmon(not sturgeon, been there done that) prefer river vs. salt water. I would appreciate any and all input , recommendations, experiences, etc. Looking for a lodge with guide service for 3-4 days. Have heard a lot about the Columbia River, just starting gathering information here for a trip in May-August. Thanks. Salt.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks RTY but I'm not looking to kill a sturgeon just the chance to fish for them somewhere differant and the Columbia has always been a system I want to try. :thumbup:

Salt we are planning to tour the Oregon coast so when we are down there I will keep a eye out for guides services and lodges for yaa. The link I posted has quite a few guide links on it and some of them do offer lodging, you just have to click on everyone to see what they offer..........

·
Registered
119 Posts
bill,
we always used smelt for bait. run the leader thru the mouth and out the rear. the entire shank goes down the throat of the smelt. the bend in the hook keeps it from going any further. good to go!!

STS buoy 10 has some of the best salmon fishing in the summer. trolling in the river works great! using a deep 6 diver and a cut plug herring at a depth of 20ft. if your are brave, head over the columbia river bar and hit the ocean. nice big coho out there! they average in the low teens! very easy to limit out too!! i may try to get out there this summer. gotta spend time with gramps. look for a 36ft Tollycraft named the TOP GUN. i will toss ya a brew!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i know thre are some nice springs to be cought in the Rouge river in Oregon, one summer while we took a jet boat ride up the river we encountered a number of fisherman who would hold up there days catch for us to see! Nice springs too! Not to sure what there were using to catch tham? My guess would be a rod and reel! lol ;D

CK

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Check this guide out (http://www.fightclubguidedfishing.com/Guide%20Profile.htm

Jay will get you into chinook if you're there in the late summer or May. Superb service, knowledge, courtesy, safety etc. He fishes the Willamette and Columbia systems and Bouy 10 near the mouth of the Columbia, Tillamook Bay etc.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the information and PMs. We are fishing with Ron Smith, Sport Fishing Oregon on the Rogue River for 3-4 days in mid September. Of course we will report back on the fishing, accomodations, and all. Thanks to all of you. Salt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.