BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for anyone thats interested in hooking up to fish the vancouver area saltchuck. i mostly fish the bell bouy , cap and local areas. some one with some experience would be preffered as i'm tired of taking friends and women that have trouble even steering a boat. i can run 2 electreic downriggers and 4 lines providing you have a licence. i usually troll anchovies but have a ton of spoons and hootchies and plugs if thats what its going to take. my boat is a 17.5 foot stratacraft runabout. i launch at vanier and am willing to go weekends some evenings and will take weekdays off work if i hear the fishings hot. even if you have a boat and would like to alternate trips or have trouble finding some one to go with lets catch some salmon.

good luck and tight lines

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,
I am interested, I have some experience and I could bring Beer? I 'd love to hook up, so to speak, and I'm available on Sunday's for sure, and some afternoons (Wed. & Sat.).

Fishing above all else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Saturday looks like its supposed to be better than Sunday this week.

High tide is around 7am. and would have to be back out of the water by noon or after 4, Low is pretty low at just after 2.

Anyone interested in buddying up on Saturday?

Shane

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Shane, what kind of boat do you have. I am running a 16.5 campion so I really have to pick my days if I am going to run to thrasher! On a side note, It would be fun to hold a local salt fishing derby with some of the members of the forum. We could get some of the local shops to sponsor it and have prizes for the biggest fish, drunkest crew, worst skunking, etc.

Matt

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just curious where Thrasher is? Keep hearing about it. Is there somewhere someone can look up the "markers" so to speak?..eg. the QA, QB , Hole in the wall, etc.

I might be interested in going out too or a little bit of a derby. Have taken the 15ft Smokercraft out once in the chuck, but just in the harbor, off Ambleside and over to Horshoe Bay.

·
Registered
901 Posts
ok i am allways up for a fishing trip
I dont have a boat but willing to share the gas money
I live in Coquitlam but have no trouble getting out there early
I usually get week days off but can slot in the odd Saturday with notice
I have some experience with down riggers too
Plus i have atleast two (work) fishing buddies willing to head out for a trip
pm me if you like

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 22 ft aluminum Starcraft, blue/white. As of yet un-named.
Pretty seaworthy for making the run, but its a single older Merc engine and I don't have a good kicker yet.
I'm interested in buddying up for engine reliability issues.

Load limit of 8 adults, usually with just myself or 2 onboard so plenty of room to pick up extras if the weather turns foul.

Sunday looks like the better day now according to the weatherpage.
High tide at 8am. May be difficult to pull out at Vanier between 1-5.

Missed my chance at a nice one yesterday and looking to redeem myself. I'd also like to pick up some bottom fish...

Shane

·
Registered
134 Posts
i am available on sundays or weekdays if the fishing is hot. i live in kits, have experience and would pay for my share of the gas / beer. if anyone wants some company for local spots (point grey, cap bowen...i'll pay for gas but @ 145 a barrel we should try to conserve...), i am there early sunday morning or early weekdays. pm me, i am good company and i am good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My schedule is pretty flexible and as I don't have a boat it'd be nice to get out on the chuck again. I've done all my saltwalter fishing up the north coast so experience here is limited but would gladly pay my share of fuel, etc to get some time on the water.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi, Morgano.

If you are looking for a fishing partner sometime you can always give me a shout. I live five minutes from the Vanier ramp, so a short notice trip is aways an option if I'm free. I have Fri, Sat, and Sundays off work and am usually available with a little notice. Its always nice to fish with different people as everyone does things a little bit differently. I think fishing with different partners is the best way to learn new tactics.

I've been fishing the chuck since I was a kid (30+ years), and am very comfortable stacking riggers and operating boats. I have tons of my own tackle, so I won't be losing your gear. I also always have a goodly supply of beer on hand, which no fishing cooler should be without. I am well aware of the costs involved in operating a boat, and I am more than happy to split expenses.

So, if you're heading out from Vanier and want a partner give me a shout.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have done a lot of fishing around the world, but I have never tried saltwater salmon fishing (don’t have a boat). If anybody has an extra spot on their boat I would love to come. I am willing to share expenses.

Goran

·
Registered
210 Posts
i am interested with tagging along with someone with a boat/fishing equipment etc and will pay my share of costs. ortho will vouch for me. usually fish vedder etc but last year i tagged up with brad aka piperfelcher for salmon fishing in english bay,bell buoy etc and did very well. i have my licence and my tags but just found out that brad moved to ottawa so hear i am with license and no fishing partner. i am very flexible as i am retired and live in richmond but used to meet brad at 6am so have no problem with getting up early. pm me with your telephone number so we can talk

jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.