BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Wow, so many answers to this one. First off, what are you fishing for at what time of year?? I always use a flasher with spoons and varying lengths of leader, depending on what's out there. If I am fishing anchovy I usually use a flasher as well. When I cut plug I don,t use one on the line itself, but sometimes attach one to the downrigger ball 5 feet bellow the clip. I hope this helps!!

· Registered
249 Posts
With spoons I use a flasher with about 6 ft of leeder....I agree with the above...the only exception i'd make is during the winter fishery....the water is so clear that i don't always use a flasher with a spoon if i am running 3 or 4 rods i might only have two flashers out... i have had consistent hits on the spoon only line but only in the winter...kinda fun fighting the smaller feeders without a flasher...i also run a flasher with chovy and without on cut plug....however i'm starting to experiment a bit with a flasher on cut just to see if it improves or not...expecially if the water is a bit muddied....

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pointers guys. I have had some success with spoons above a flasher that's hooked to the rigger. Never fished them directly behind a flasher though. The long leader makes sense though, so the motion of one doesn't interfere with the motion of the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.