BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to PM me with a few spots to fish on the Vedder this weekend with both of my kids (10 and 13 yrs). Looking for spots we can fish from shore and where they can land a few pinks. Also any areas on the Fraser that might not be too busy this weekend where the kids can fish from shore? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
901 Posts
somewhere you can catch fish from shore thats not busy on a weekend
you are joking right
sorry but most areas where there are fish will be are going to be busy at the weekend
thats why i take midweek days off
I have sent you a pm hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was at the Vedder today and no luck with the pinks...maybe it's just me but I saw lots but they weren't biting. Tried a pink jig, several spoons and floating with wool as well.

Might not be worth the time to go there. Maybe somebody could correct me if i'm wrong.

FYI I was around Lickman Rd area.

G

·
Fairweather fisherman said:
I was at the Vedder today and no luck with the pinks...maybe it's just me but I saw lots but they weren't biting. Tried a pink jig, several spoons and floating with wool as well.

Might not be worth the time to go there. Maybe somebody could correct me if i'm wrong.

FYI I was around Lickman Rd area.
I went to the Vedder after work today, got 12 Pinks and 2 jack springs on the fly landed, and lost a pile more, other fly guys and myself that were there were out fishing the gear guys Badly

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi FishFreak, I just got to fly fishing for Salmon this year and not being very familiar with Vedder, just wondering what area of Vedder would be good for Fly fishing away from the crowds. Don't mean to be specific about the exact spot but would appreciate approximate. Thx

·
Registered
36 Posts
For fishing spots on the Vedder, Fred's in Chilliwack used to have a hand drawn map of the Vedder with various holes marked that they'd give out to Newbies. (That's how I got one a few years ago.) If they don't still hand them out try using the backroads mapbook - you can stop by any place where the road gets close to the river and you will find some decent fishing spots under a 500m walk.

The more you're willing to walk the more likely it is that you'll find a good spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.