BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently retired and have taken up residence in Trail on the Columbia River.
I am looking for info on where and how (methods) to fish the river. I don't have a boat so am looking for shore fishing spots. I don't fly fish but have had some success with a bobber and dry fly. My target fish are rainbows and walleye.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
email Don Freschi for information. He lives in trail and is host of Sportfishing on the Fly. Although he is a flyfisherman, I amsure he can either advise you or point you to someone in the area who can. His email is [email protected]. Good luck.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Professori

do you actually know that guy that hosts that show

i love that show very informative taught me a new way to flyfish a river for better results :D :D :D

would be cool to get him down here for a day to show some of us members pointers eh?? ha ha

or just to do a show out on the Vedder during Steelhead or Coho time that would be sweet to see that show on our local water

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I have never met the man, but I have emailed him a couple of times. Maybe Bergler could contact him and Grant Fines and offer to take them out steelheading on the Vedder. They don't seem to fish outside their home waters alot without guides. I have to agree with you about the show. Probably the best flyfishing show I've ever seen. I love the weekly bench segment too. Found a few flies there that have become standards for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts