BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all!

My friends and i are on our way to squamish on the 15th October to fish for Chum and maybe Coho (fingers crossed!) i just wondered if any of you local fisherman could offer any tips on flies etc........ i fished it the same time last year and was successful but obviously you can never learn enough in a weeks fishing! Cant wait to go again, any advice would be great guy! ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Squamish flies

I've always had good results using marbou egg sucking leaches in black, olive, and pink. Large wooly buggers in the same colours as well as chartruse also works. Egg sucking buggers work well to. For the coho I would use blue green streamers, mickey finns and KCK's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If retention is your goal you may wish to pay attention to DFO website. The return was ok last year and pretty bad the previous two. They may keep it closed to retention depending on returning numbers. Prey they get a good run!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retention?.........

Thank you for your reply Derek - how do you mean 'They may keep it closed to retention depending on returning numbers. Prey they get a good run'???? they wont close the fishing will they? please excuse me if i sound stupid just unsure what you mean?

If retention is your goal you may wish to pay attention to DFO website. The return was ok last year and pretty bad the previous two. They may keep it closed to retention depending on returning numbers. Prey they get a good run!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts