BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to the Harbour and areas tommorrow, and was wondering if the tides were affecting bites and hookups. Looks like I would be out there at or near low slack and fishing the incoming tide. If anyone would like let me know what the trends have been I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Markus23

· Registered
76 Posts
Low slack is better than high slack? I admit I'm new to this, but I thought it was the other way around or at least equal.

Another rookie question: What is the general consensus on a.) Fishing with the tide, trolling back against it, and then with it again OR
b.) Fish with the tide, pull your lines in, run back to a suitable starting point, drop the lines and troll with the tide again.

Over short distances it probably won't matter, but over long runs are you wasting time by going against the tide for extended periods of time? Curious, as I have had several "experts" come up with widely varying opinions and I'm wondering if there is a consensus on this board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.