BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another day off work tomorrow. (friday) I'm going out to the Vedder. Has anybody fished it in the last 2 days? I wondering how the water clarity is below the Ranger Run? I wanna fish my usuall boulder run, then I'm hoping if the water has good clarity, I might go check out the lower end, around Peach Road. If anyone eles wants to meet up let me know. I'm after #3 now. Should be out in Chilliwack around 7am. and might fish till 1or2 if the fishing is good.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I tried to get the day off, no luck!! ??? Oh well, I need the money anyways! If you hit the peach road area, there is much more water to fish from the Gravel pit side, all the way down past the peach area. From the **** on the peach side, there is a couple nice holes, but not a whole lot of water to fish! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks Big Steel. One day we'll have to meet up for a day of fishing. I have all weekends off, so just let me know. Fish Freak, have you herd what the water conditions are like down low? I may run into you tomorrow. I'm gonna start off mid river, I always do my walk through, bell acres area. It's been good to me in the past around this time. Plus I don't know if the upper river has alot of snow or not, so I might end up in the lower river around mid morning. Good luck to ya! :)tight lines....

·
Registered
274 Posts
We were at the flow yesterday,upper and lower water condition was good,middle section was ok,heard there were a few fishes was caught at the lower...so go get them.. ;) ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
If the river stays fishable over the weekend, I just might hit it both days, but not sure just yet. ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
was in chilliwack today and the water levels are great, only drove over on the freeway so can't tell u clarity but it was snowing quite heavily from 10ish till about 3pm this didn't really stick in town but might make the top end pretty ugly. hook and i are also there on sat. so keep an eye out and yell a hi. good luck all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished the Vedder today and I can tell you she is blown top to bottom :(
But this river has suprised me a couple of time this year with clearer water happening for no particular reason throughout , seems to be hit and miss . Did see huge chunks of clay bank falling in on all 3 banks :-X
With the rain falling hard here in Abbotsford tonight its not looking good for the weekend warriors.
Did manage to land and bonk a 10lb hatchery doe ( my first this year ;D )this afternoon with a roe sac .
Hint - as low as 1' deep side channels ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friday was a bust, today was a Bang! ;D Got to the vedder around 11ish. I started off mid river, doing the circuit I always do, but this time I was rewarded not even 5 mins in. I spoted this nice slick from a mile away. I casted out my double small roe bags, and first cast into the slick and the float gets burried. I knew right away. I land a beautiful 6-7lbs hatch doe. Pop the hook up, and send her on her way. (no point in keeping another fish, I still have one in the freezer from last week) That's 3 for 3 this year, I'm starting to find my zone, lets see if I can top last years total of 33 ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts