BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

me and my brother are planing a tour with a camper around some spots of British Columbia, to be more precise our tour will start in Vancouver, we've planed a stop in Chilliwack for Salmon fishing, from where on we will travel up to the Glacier national park, Banff National park (where we want to stay fo 2 or 3 days), Jasper National Park (again a stop of 2 or 3 days is planned), Wells Gray Provincial Park and back to Vancouver over Kamloops (maybe we're staying there for one night, too). Our trip starts at Agust, 28th and will end up ten days later...
We are both living in Germany and therefore we've got no experience in fishing in Canada - but hell we are motivated to catch our first salmon ;) It would be great to get some tips for hot spots, where we can catch some trouts or salmons - in Germany we've prefered spinfishing as method, but I don't know how effective it is in the area we are planning to visit. So maybe there's someone who can help some clueless Germans, for that we won't fly back without having a fish cought ;)
Thank you for your help!

Greetings

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd recommend dropping a few bucks on the Southwestern and Southeastern BC Fishing Mapbooks. They should help you find out access as well as information on lots of the productive lakes and rivers in southern BC. As well as stopping in at all the local tackle shops and talking with staff.

Here is the link to the publisher of the Fishing Mapbooks.
http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/sho...columbia-77/?zenid=on1jkqp6vb7dm6nv0lchpapvd7

Good Luck and have a great trip.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bbarley is right. those fishing mapbooks are great tools and will give you a lot of information on hotspots. i would suggest the 2nd edition Region 2/3 mapbook. BC is filled with rivers and lakes that contain trout and salmon and this could help you choose some places, as it has done for me.

http://www.amazon.ca/Fishing-Mapbook-Southwestern-Mainland-Thompson/dp/1897225008

it contains many of the most productive waters for trout and salmon and gives you a good idea on what techniques and gear to use so you'll be able to choose some spots yourself. you can buy them online and most fishing shops also carry them.

I was in germany last year and really wanted to fish for some trout but i had no idea what to do or where to go. do many of the rivers contain good trout populations? i was all over germany and western/central europe and saw so many beautiful places but i didn't know if they had fish. if you would like any more information, or would like to talk about fishing send me a message. we could exchange information about our respective countries as i am planning another trip to europe soon. you can also email me at [email protected]. i would be happy to help you guys for your trip.
cheers,
brookie

·
Registered
270 Posts
One question--- will you be picking up a boat, and do you have any fly gear, as some late afternoon dry fly fishing ,in lakes or streams can be fun and productive. And the reading material is a must and will provide you with instant wisdom to aid your trip.
good luck on your trip and my you catch your limit & limit your catch,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your help, that's exactly what I'm searching for. I think we'll definitly purchase the fishing mapbooks.

@Brookie: The upcoming days are a little bit stressful for me, but I'll write you an e-mail, as soon as I'll got some time to breathe ;) But in general fishing in Germany is a little bit complicated, as you need for each river or lake a single license, which is quite expensive (in average a daily license costs around 10€ in the region I live in) and variable in price, depending on the water you're planing to fish. But I'll explain you the procedere in e-mail, as it will last too long in the thread I think.

@minomasher: Unfortunately we didn't got both, I think it would be quite expensive to rent a boat for 10 days, so we're going to rent a boat at a lake we're camping at for one night, but in general we have to fish from the shore off (can you say shore for a lake?). I think that you're right, that fly fishing could be the most funniest and most elegant way to fish, but we both aren't able to fish with the fly rod, as we've never learned it (but I think we'll defenitly learn it some day)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts