BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the girlfriend and I are starting to plan our early Fall fishing trip for this year. Heading out Saturday for up to one week touring some of the interior lakes. The problem is this year, instead of the cartop in the truck, we are bringing the bigger trailered boat. So obviously we are more limited to bigger lakes with a bit of a boat launch, and easier drive in. I'm not here looking for any handouts. I do have the Backroad books and mapbooks. But i am looking for any suggestions for these bigger lakes that are accessible to us. Will be going up near 100mile/Hwy 24 area, then back down around Kamloops. Anybody have any suggestions for some lakes to check out, we would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any suggestions, and we will be sure to post reports and plenty of pics upon our return.

Cheers! :beerchug:

FF

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The boat is a 15ft Smokercraft, but it is quite wide and has a 40hp Merc on it so will need a "decent boat launch"..ie..too heavy to move by hand. Was thinking about either Tunkwa or Roche on our way up to Hwy 24. A friend just bought a place on Heffley, so will be staying there for a couple nights too. We'll be bringing our float tubes as well, so day trips out of Heffley may be an option. Anybody have any thoughts on Campbell Lk? What is the access there like?

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Last time I was in to Campbell the access was not great for the unit that you are describing. I heard they were upgrading the rec site and access but I am not sure where that project is at since it has been a few years since I have been there.

Sheridan would be a good HWY 24 choice, as would Lac Des Roches.

Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.