BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard of 4 "more than legal" springs boated between 4 boats yesterday at the QA, with one boat losing 3 of 4 fish on. Largest fish was 16 lbs. Depths 65 to 95 feet on anchovies.

The algae bloom has now been "on" in Vancouver for almost 1 month royally putting a damper on the fishing.

Other than that, no other local fish to report at this time.

Cap River has no Cohoes in it and river is too high for fish to hold off West Vancouver.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Went out on the north arm first time this year had 2 takes on anchovies still workin out the rust did some electric down rigger operation
But my buddy on another boat landed 4 jacks on blue coyotes which I did not have. most of my set up is geared for west coast green color

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The QA area has continued to produce decent sized springs ranging from "legal" to the low twenties these past few days (Monday to Friday). A few shots at fish have been had by anglers fishing this area each tide change. While anchovies have produced the bulk of these fish, the plastic baits have also produced well.

In addition, Squamish run fish on the HIGH TIDE from Hole the Wall to Sunset have been producing fair numbers of mature springs from 9 to 28 lbs over the last few mornings and evenings. Word is to troll Anchovies from 70 to 120 feet in 80 to 150 feet of water in this area.

Local charter firms having fished English Bay/Ambleside West Vancouver remark that the action is "dead slow" and there are no fish holding in this area as of yet. Since the Capilano is so high, any fish have been entering the River at dark and not holding in the usual areas up and down the North Shore.

Hmmm...I think I'll make the RUEFUL run to HITW this weekend and see what she coughs up.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd just like to affirm/confirm that..yes..I...fishin magician SUCK as a fisherman...I was SKUNKED again yesterday. I think I should change my name to "fool". Fished 'an undisclosed location' throwing tried 'n true anchovies and hoochies...to NO AVAIL. 130 pm until late...and NO FISH.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scoopy said:
really??? Hey fishin, are you also mortician?? Either you fish different water than I do or you are full of s$#@. The fishing in local water sucks year round and I am officially selling my boat and buying a new Harley! F%$# Fishing Vancouver. I am done. I say good day sir.

Matt
Matt, PM me.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know of 3 Coho, 2 springs in the mid teens, and some nice sized Chinook action from Howe Sound today.

I think the fish are just late and run timing is all late this year. Who knows, we could actually be in for a GREAT last half of the season!~

Optimistic (still, despite getting skunked).

Scoopy, don't give up yet....I think 90% of the local Sport Fleet has this year...and for those who haven't wet a line yet or made any fish efforts in recent weeks...don't worry..you haven't missed out on much recently...

FM.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still nothing happening on the West Vancouver waterfront. I skipped fishing today. However, I do have reports of the "odd, odd, odd, odd fish" which happened to show up there today. :pissed: :pissed: :'(

However, on a positive note....Hole in the Wall to Sunset, Salmon Rock and Grace Islands did produce a few nice fish today. Largest was 28 lbs. Army Truck, Pickle Green and Anchovies from 65 to 105 feet producing consistently.

I'll definitely be wetting lines tomorrow in the Howe Sound area.

See ya out on the water.

FM.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok. Here's the scoop....

Yesterday, my dad boated 1 28lb spring in front of Sunset at 88 feet on an anchovy. A stinky white. Saw a few other boats in the area and didn't see any others hit.

Prior to that, fished the morning from the Pt. Grey Bell Buoy to QA and points west...even did a drift along the outer limits of the Bay--no dice.

A buddy was out on a long charter and fished almost to the T10 and spent a lot of time fishing the North and Middle Arm areas---nothing to report. However he did meet another guy fishing the North Arm who had a high teens.

Closer to home a 17 lber was boated with another lost at the boat. Otherwise...not a SINGLE coho to report from West Vancouver for the entire fleet I was advised by a local charter firm.

Now...as for this morning (Sunday), I decided I'd try to find Coho...after all, it IS mid July and they should be plentiful and on the prod. NOPE--fished from 6 am until noon. Ran a host of tried 'n true hootchies/spoons which I keep specially for West Vancouver Coho---NADDA NADDA NADDA. Spoke to another 2 boats fishing the area---NADDA.

That explains why there are 4 boats fishing all of West Vancouver as opposed to the 40 there usually are....THERE ARE NO FISH THERE.

Listened in on the radio and heard the Sewell's fleet talking about yesterday's success off---HITW, Sunset Beach etc. Sounds like there were a few fish caught yesterday. Heard of one fish tangoed with this morning, and another guy with a high teens. Salmon Rock is still producing the "odd" fish.

Bleak outlook for this year's Capilano River Run---call it extinct for now.

:eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gonna try HITW tomorrow morning. There doesn't seem to be a lot of fish anywhere, so may as well fish there. Takin dad out for his first trip of the year. Hope we get at least one opportunity. If I don't post, means no fish.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey guys !

I fished a bit on the straight ( 4 miles straight west of the north arm ) and used to have some consistant luck with a pink sockeye hoochie MP16 , with a 6 ft leader behind a green flasher, :happy: , caught a lot of nice springs !

I know you might think I fell off the stern of my boat (on my head) too many times , which is very true , but maybe give it a try if your having a slow day.

O ya fast troll about 60 ft down in the early AM

Cape R
If anyone does try it let me know if it still works, I have my boat in Alberni and if this works again I am going to bring it back :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.