BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Hook,

Question for you, how offen do you want to get a new vest?

I learned from my grandfather to buy quality over quainty!

Take a look at the Raven or Totem :peace:

Those two will last you years! Of good fishing ahead of you!

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well as i dont own a vest yet i just want to get a cheaper one mainly to test it out and see if i like it over my tackle belt ;D i used to wear a jacket with all the pockets and stuff and found my shoulders and neck got sore after a few hours just wanted to see if a vest does the same thing.

what do you guys think about the Simms vests? do you kow anyone that sells them or do i have to buy online? where did you guys get the Totems or other ones from? i could be persuaded to spend more once i start looking. I would also like to get one with the built in PFD if possible.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
HOOK said:
WHERE !!!!! is my main question. Fred's, Berry's, Hubb's WHERE !!! :thumbup: :beerchug: :thumbup:

thanks guys

HOOK
I have a Mustang inflatable vest. Got it at Searun tackle and I think the price was around $175. I would be surprised if Berry's, Reaction, Fred's or M&Y didn't carry them. Just give the shop nearest you a phone call and check. I wouldn't be without mine any more and I know you have a habit of late fall to early spring swims too, so I recommend youj get something that floats. :happy: :happy: :cheers:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im going to be checking out M&Y this morning but when i looked at what they had online they didnt have much. and Freds only lists what name brands they carry which is lame a** because you cant actually shop unless you go there. I looked at Cabelas (stone recomends) and they had tons of vests so i may be taking a trip across the border as they have a new store opens on the 16th in Lacey Wash. ;D

i think i may spend a bit more for a good vest and if i dont like it then you will see it in the classifieds here ;D LOL

· Registered
3,796 Posts
If you're thinking of the inflatables, Cabela's doesn't list any in their catalogue. Don't just look on-line tho', pick up the phone (way lot easier than driving around to each store, especially if you might know what you are interested in.)

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats true Prof. but whats the fun of calling when i can go try them all on LOL :happy: it looks like you can ship things from Cabelas to Canada no problem I think i might go that way as its alot cheaper even for their high end vests ;D they have great prices on tons of stuff but the drive is little far to Lacey Wash. Has anyone ever shipped from there to Canada, was it easy or is sending to an american address alot easier?

· Registered
3,796 Posts
I haven't tried shipping from Cabela's, but I have had stuff shipped from all over the states to here. Depending on what it is, it will arrive at your door from the post office, but often you will have to pay a duty charge on the item before they will give it to you. really pretty hassle-free.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Actually applies to goods imported from the USA which are not of American manufacture. This applies to a large number of goods sold at cabela's and other outlets, including many vests.

· Registered
224 Posts
I have ordered a ton from Cabelas. I have never waited longer than 10 days for anything to arrive. Might take a bit longer right now because of the Xmas rush though. I am waiting for a ton of fishing stuff to arrive as I bought a bunch of stuff on EBAY and its taking a while right now. With our Canadian dollar the way it is lots of people here in Canada are buying online so shipping is going to be a bit slower.

· Registered
49 Posts
Hook, if you haven't purchased yet, let me just say, I have the mustang PFD and while it has been quite good, I do notice in warmer weather, it is a bit hotter. They all cause strain on the shoulders to some degree, especially if you load them up. I just bought a gear vest/backpack unit that can detach. I also foind the pockets on the PFD kept snagging the end of my rod while I was fishing. A bit annoying but not a huge deal. Maybe jes me? TO answer your question, I got mine at Barry's. Last time I was there they did have some but in the dark green color. bout 200.00 at the time. Hopefully, I can get a chance to try out the new
setup. Might make standing streamside a bit less painful.

· Registered
49 Posts
Hey Hook,

If you are still looking, just noticed some for sale in the buy and sell. Guy was asking 100.00. 3 for sale.

MUSTANG inflatable poly/cotton fishing vests (3), 2 lge, 1 beige, 1 olive, 1 med beige, nvr used $100 ea obo.
604-931-7800

Hope this helps.

Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.