BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam new at fishing with blades , are you fishing in fast water or slow moving water ???? When using a float with the blades ,are you trying to keep the blades about 6-12 inches off the bottom ? Any help is greatly appreciated . thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
There is quite a bit of info that can be found by using the search feature in the mid/upper right side. Search "blades technique" or "spoon technique"

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
blades can be fished in almost any water, but i like them in water with some flow. And yes ur using a float, but when fishing a blade set the float for 6 inches above the bottom, u fish them differently than bait, u can let them free drift but i like to hold back, and what this does is it raises the blade off the bottom, thats y u start off fishing them so deep. sizes 3 -5 are best, in silver and brass, good starting point. they're easy and fun to fish, and they hook fish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help , will try the blades this upcoming week-end . I have not caught a female of any sort yet ,no roe .

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
if you do the cast/slow retrieve method its best to use this in slow sections/pools where you need to retrieve to get the required action of the blade. in moving water these blades dont take much to get them spinning and can be killer if fished properly. They have become one of my go to things to use for steelies ;D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Fishing with blades is as varied as the terminal tackle to catch steelhead...Generally speaking, blades can be fished alone without a float and no additional eright, or wt. can be added and rod action, not the reeling in becomes critical....They can be fished under a float, but only use a couple of well spaced small splitshot weight, and do not use HEAVY weight or you will lose all the action of the blade.....
They work best in medium to slow water and a dead drift works very well, with a few slight rod twitches...Key is to fish like jigs and not allow slack or a belly in the line.
Spoons work in all types of water but care must be taken to keep them off the bottom....I would advise never to use a float with a spoon of any kind, as the float will tend to develop a "push "on the spoon and take it out of the zone.

Ortho 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.