BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's interested in having a fishout in November? Perhaps we could have an "awards luncheon" for the winners of the fall fishing contest? Maybe we could all fish the same area or get a bunch of boats together and fish the FRaser? How 'bout a winter BBQ?? Ideas welcome........Ortho 8)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
I'd like to be the first one to be in ! I've got the boat and a 10x10 caravan tent for a camp, some
people really like that feature.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I will definately be there, unless it isn't on a sunday. I am a go for the boat idea as well!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds like fun. Wonder if it'll be good for Steelies that soon...hmmmm. Getting a good steelhead setup for this winter finally...I'm itching! Cheers all! -Nathan in NW

R

·
0 Posts
This is quite strange...I deleted that post earlier...not sure what's up...but yeah it would be great to do a fishout and meet some of you guys...
rib

ps Now I view my post and it seems my new post is being entered above my old one ? Hmmmm.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
...................Halibut!!!!!!

Sorry , couldn't resist. Hey! Here we go again ! I posted well after rib, part one. :x

And ah before c k.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah what rib said! What to fish for?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Sounds like a great idea...some beers, some steak, some snow perhaps....what are we gonna fish for?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, we need a few concrete ideas......Maybe fish the Harrison, maybe fish the Harrison/Chehalis......One day/overnight at Kilby?...C'mon boys & girls give me something to work with and we can put something together.......No ideas, suggestions means dictatorship
Not my idea of a good time...Ortho 8)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Can we launch out of Kilby then walk up the Chehalis , but then again maybe it should be boats or no boats,
leaving them lying around in a group unattended, I don't know ? If we have enough people we sould be fairly
spread out to look after things.
Once we're done on a sat. say , we can return to kilby for a camp/ dinner to socialize and the ones that don't
want to camp or have the suitable means to could return the next day for an action packed weeekend !!!
This seems to give us a wide option of opportunity in an area highly regaurded by our members.

G

·
0 Posts
An action packed weekend sounds great! I think fishing on the Harrison might be a little slow, but we'll see, this year might last into december, but the chehalis should be good till X-MAS!

Mike <")))))><

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I like the steelhead option...although it's a tough time of year both weather and fish wise...

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but we could try for a thompson trip? Wishfull thinking I'm sure, but a suggestion nonetheless...

The chehalis is viable, but fishing will be tough, could do the campground if it's open that time of year......or we could do the boxing day steelhead derby on the vedder.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I've got to be in Edmonton for a wedding on the 16th and then my mom is coming back here for Christmas, but before the 16th I'm game for it. Fishing, barbeque and scotch sounds like my kind of weekend.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Lets keep this one rollin people! I for one would like to see it happen. We should firm up a date, and does it
have to be in Dec.? I guess to inclued the fishing contest we could make it Sat. Dec 2nd . Then it's just a matter
of where and when. Chilliwack River or Kilby Park ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Count me in!!

I'd prefer someplace in the Lower Mainland where I can park and sleep in my Van! Too old bones for sleeping in a tent!!! But, don't mind walking a ways to get to the fishing!! And I'll bring a good flashlight to hike from the official "Best Beer" contest fire pit, back to my Van!!

Would like to have somebody volunteer to bring coffee maker though...I won't have ability to make the coffee, but I sure do need a good pick me up in the morning!!

Sounds like a great idea!! Am looking forward to meeting others on the forum!!!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts