BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to Flat Top Is. on Friday and fished from 3:00 - 6:30 in less than ideal conditions, rain squalls, weed difting everywhere, and of course seal and sea lions. Trolled the grandy with a green silver Coyote spoon with flasher at 90ish' and army truck hoochie with green flasher at 120ish'. Got one problably legal fish on army truck but seal took it - I was on my own so I let played it too long as I got the other gear in. Got fed up with all the weed on the line and switched to a Zzinger. I got a good ling 7lbish off Brant reef... of course it was released.
Next day it was windy so I hit up the Brant reef, and around Acorn Is with the Zzinger from 6:30am to 8:30am. Again some nice non-retaned ling biggest 10lb... no salmon, doubt I could get them in with the seal and sea lions around. Why do they never go after course fish?
A lot more sea lion around than last year or the one before - at least this late.
Didn't get to fish Polier.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey bigjay mind if i ask where flat top island is?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the bell bouy at 230' (depending on your compass) 17kn, from it. Silva Bay or Thresher Rock... both good point to go for. The Grandy is up from that, north, but not to Enterance Is.. Whale bone is halve way between Enterance and the Grandy. But all are affected by the wind, normally WNWlies.
Use your charts, Halve fun, Jason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts