BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some buddies and I are heading up to the squamish area in search of some Chum and maybe the odd coho this weekend, so i was wondering any secret weapons of choice i should be tying up?

Thank you in advance,

BS

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
For chum I prefer popsicles in all sorts of colours but my favs are purple/blue/black and the orange/cerise/purple. Other flies are the egg sucking leech and bunny leeaches in a variety of colours.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Marabou type flies, I usally start with Light pink and white, bit of red....if that aint it I go dark, black and purple.

Don't forget, no retention on Chum now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, i was hoping someone would say popsicle since i can actually tie those decently. and dont you worry eimaj I know the regs and am usually a C & R guy anyways. Now to get out there and get a few on the end of my line. :thumbup:

BS

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you just want to catch Chum on the fly gear dont use fancy flies as you will loose alot
just use a bait loop hook and put on some wool
try big first then go smaller
Red, Orange, bright pink, Green etc
way cheaper and easy to change the color and size till you find what is working best
Now for the Ho's well Black with blue, Black with bright green, Black with red etc :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Britguy said:
If you just want to catch Chum on the fly gear dont use fancy flies as you will loose alot
Thats for sure, the best one for me this year was these cheap poorly made flies at canadain tire... they were called russian river flies and looked like a bare shank streamer and were 3 for $2.50. The green/chartrouse ones worked amazing for the chum, My buddies and I cleaned out the langfor one so dont look there ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fishaholic said:
Britguy said:
Thats for sure, the best one for me this year was these cheap poorly made flies at canadain tire... they were called russian river flies and looked like a bare shank streamer and were 3 for $2.50. The green/chartrouse ones worked amazing for the chum, My buddies and I cleaned out the langfor one so dont look there ;)
I would highly recomend those Russian River flies in the green. They are the closest comercial match to my Mat Green that I have seen. It doesn't get much better or cheaper than that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.