BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as i am new to this sport i thought i would ask what people recommend for a length of rod for float fishing. I will be fishing on lakes only and trout would be the focus if that makes any difference. Recommendations for a rod without the reel in the 50-100 dollar range would be appreciated as well.
Thank you
Andre

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Andre66

If you are strictly fishing for trout in lakes I would think a rod in the 7 to 8 foot range would be perfect. Get something fairly light action so that you can enjoy the battle. Almost all of the fishing stores will have rod and reel packages at various price points. I would recommend sticking with the better known name brands like Rapala, Shimano or Quantum. Get the best package that you can afford as this will generally include a better reel. If you already have a reel you should be able to get a good rod well within your price range.

Centerpin

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well I just bought a Streamside 10'6 rod, I use it for float fishing Sasamat. Its a nice light rod rated 4-8lbs and the action on it is awesome, even a 12 incher feels big...lol, got it at Army and Navy New West for $79 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts