BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
691 Posts
SA GPX caats great, but I haven't played with it in real winter conditions yet.

What rod this going on?

· Registered
118 Posts
Scientific Anglers has a floating line used for steelhead. This will be my first year using the line but I was out on a local flow when it was 10-c up here and it had very low memory in the cold and very nice to cast. Maybe check this one out.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
The majority of the lines on the market these days are low memory but here are a few of my favorites. Scientific Anglers has two lines that are both low memory; the XPS and Trout tapers. These lines are the favorites of chironomid anglers, they sit straight in the water with no squigly slack line, especially good for chironomid anglers who fish them naked!

:cheers: Rick

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Just like Eimaj asked...it would depend on what rod it's going on to. The GPX is great for faster rods as it's about a half a line weight heavier to load those fast tips. I've tried the XPS on my 4wt, but I only liked it for dry fly fishing due to its very delicate presentation, but not for tossing long leaders in chironamid fishing.

If you dangle chironamids a lot, the two that I like right now are the RIO Nymph and Selective Trout tapers. I have the Selective Trout on my Winston BIIx 6wt, and the Nymph on my Winston IM6 4wt. I'm trying to decide which taper to go with on my 3wt, which is a pretty fast taper. I might even give that SA GPX a try.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
A Sage Launch is not an overly fast rod, so any of the lines mentioned would most likely work fairly well. You won't need to overline that rod, so just stick with a WF6F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.