BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the big hike up to Flora lake in Chilliwack this past weekend; what a ballbreaker it was. The trail goes up & up, then up some more. Then when you finally hit the peak, it goes waaaay down to the lake. Packing the tube/waders etc made it that much more enjoyable ;)
Anyway, the 'bows were quite small (6-12"), but so plentiful. I don't think I've ever seen so many wild trout in a lake. They'd literally hit almost anything you threw at them every cast, although I saw the most action on a bee pattern with a small jerky retrieve.
Hiked out the next morning the 'back way' by greendrop/lindeman lakes, which has been freshly cut down. In the end, the loop worked out to be about 20km.
Gorgeous lake, gin clear, & great fishing.... just need to pay the price by way of the hike. ;D
Will post some pics later

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
condition of main trail up was perfect. The loop trail on the way back was freshly marked/cut, but would have been damn near impossible to follow a month or so ago. A workout is an understatement. Probably wouldnt have been as bad if I wasnt dragging a tube, waders, & fins , & tent up there. :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steely said:
I might just have to make a trip up there later, do you think there is enough good shore to fish from? I was thinking of hiking there this summer, but did cheam instead. to bad the fish didnt come free. ;)
hmm, spin fishing wouldn't be too bad. Pretty limited in terms of room to flycast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.