BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me like everyone is padding their posts on this thread??? :confused:

Maybe someone on the "inside" like Rib knows that Berg is planning on a '250 post' club soon or maybe even a 1250 or 1500 in Rib's case??? :p :peace:

I'm on to you guys.......I am going to start up a thread on flossing so everyone can pad some stats!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ya!!!... ;D.............Lets start the flossing thread now before all the goons show up on the lower vedder!!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Bah! Flossing...%#%%^#$!!! :pissed:

Don't get me started...the majority on the bars in summer seemed to me to be full of bloody hero shot "anglers", who need to show their stuff, and prance around with a meat fish in their hands...might as well floss a rock and bring it in...now that would take more finesse than flossing sockeye...hold that up for a picture....!!!! LoL, sorry for the rant guys, not very moderator-ish of me, not fond of sockeye season...

About ten years ago I went a couple of times, pretty easy to get the "technique" down, went with my dad, limited out,and was a great day...Almost got into a fight, also had some chickee get into a fight with her boyfriend right next to me...lol! Strange people in strange places. Haven't fished the fraser since.

I Have a hardcopy pic here somewhere of a guy fishing off of a stepladder behind the line of guys standing in the water...LoL...that was priceless!

Flossing...good idea, let's beat on the flossers...I like this member section thingy, I can lossen up just a little bit... ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey, I guess I have the finesse :happy: I've caught a few rocks...and a 10lb river anchor before :thumbup: but ya...flossing for springs is a no no...sockeye..well in my opinion its the only way to get em...but I love to float floss socks...float, weight....4 foot leader...wack! I little more strategy I think...toss it in too those shallow places behind the people out to their chests in water...the sound of an irritated fisherman when a nice sock is tangled around his leg..or one that has just jumped out of the water and got him all wet lol...oh well....bar fishing is good...you can get socks this way too...I've had a few maul the spin n' glows...aswell as getting a 10foot tangled leader around my bar fishing leader...weird this has happened maybe 3 times... :-\ the thought of casting a 3oz weight into a gut all day isn't at the top of my list....but its funny taking the noobs out there flossing...lol funny stuff has happened....almost got in a fight as one guys 1st cast went 50yds down river over 10 guys lines instead of going up river haha...just one funny story....flossing brings amusement though...just sit back :drunk: and watch all the yahoos yelling at each other...or try to land a fish in their boat when the leader is about 10 feet longer than it....but this argument could go on forever...there is a time and place for it...

PS: what would happen if 3 - 10 of us started barfing a flossing bar in the middle of august?

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Flossing socks is not fun, it gets boring after u get ur limit and u start handing ur rod off. Hooked 3 springs fishing for socks this year. But i perfer barfishing over flossing any day. Mike float fishing them is fun, get people all rilled up because u hook fish like 3 feet infront of them. :thumbup: After a while it gets instinctive, u just get so used to the feeling of flossing a fish ur arm just naturally strikes, i keep fishing for them cus i love smoked sockeye!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Glorious changes are on the way for Chinooks my friends, it will start as a "request" with a closure if requests are ignored(same as before but it may have teeth). Followed by a change in the reg wording and look for 2008 to have actual regs to limit flossing to sock season. With sox numbers in serious decline for virtually all summer stocks, we may not have to worry about openings anyhow. This may be dissapointing for some, but we will evolve and in the end we will become much better at catching Chinook(as the Americans are) and it will make for a much more enjoyable experience for all involved.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What the :confused:...........how did I end up the one who started this thread?? I just posted in another thread and now I look like the guy who is beating the dead horse? :wallbash:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
As Woody Allen said, "I'd call you a beastial, sadistic, necrophiliac; but thats just beating a dead horse!"

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
its funny you mentioned catching rocks and holding them up for a picture Rib

heres my best catch one day out for steel with wagonmaster and fishfinder i bet they both remember this day as it was the only thing any of us hooked all day LOL

sure was a gorgeous day out on the flow though

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Nice rock HOOK! Hope ya let it go! ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'd second think that one COHOKILLER, it looks as if its chipped..meaning its a hatch! LOL :beerchug:

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
So who's going bottom bouncing on May 1st for springs?j/j ;D

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Nobody if they are at all serious about catching anything....The odds of flossing a keeper with the present
amount of water and the occasional fish swimming by will be like winning the Lotto...........with the extra... ;)
............ :beerchug:........Marko

1 - 20 of 30 Posts