BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are in some luck as Vancouver Island beaches offer some good beach fly fishing. August and Sept are good months, starting witht pinks followed be coho. the beaches in the campell river area are good and the drive is reasonable at about 3hours. ask the local fly shops for more info.
Gman

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have gone to saratoga beach at the mouth of the oyster river in black creak, about 5 minutes outside of campbell river, old highway, I fly fished there for pinks and it was a total blast. i was using a clouser minnows, and small chrsitmas tree for the coho. any sort of bait fish patterns worked for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that guys, I've been up that way and I concur, the fishing is excellent, but right now I'm looking for something closer to home that I could pull off after work without using up a tank of fuel and 6 hours of travel time, thanks again.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Victoria Harbour/Gorge for cutties. Close as you can get.

As for slamon I was wondering the same.

Maybe sooke harbour beaches for slamon before they move up river. how about the beaches around millstream?
A buddy caught a slamon from shore along Dallas Road. He was not flyfishing though. Just have to hunt for them and have your rod handy.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
wabbitswayer said:
So where abouts on the george can you find these cutties, I've been down there a few times and nada ????
There's fish in the Gorge? I lived in Victoria for 15 years and the only time I ever saw someone with a rod was during smelt season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.