BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year ( I think it was last year ) I fished for pinks with a spey rod at the top end of Pegleg. It just happened that the day I picked was the first day of the sockeye opening. Anyway I caught two sockeyes. Are there any places suitable for fly fishing during the current opening ? Do many of you fly fish for sockeye or did I just have beginner's luck at Pegleg?

·
Registered
517 Posts
JBB said:
Last year ( I think it was last year ) I fished for pinks with a spey rod at the top end of Pegleg. It just happened that the day I picked was the first day of the sockeye opening. Anyway I caught two sockeyes. Are there any places suitable for fly fishing during the current opening ? Do many of you fly fish for sockeye or did I just have beginner's luck at Pegleg?
the flyfishing forum may be a good place to get reply to your question.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
62 Posts
fly fishing for sockeye.. stick to your pinks and greens as sockeye are plankton and krill eaters. in kakwawa lake i use krill 4 the land locked sockeye (kokanee) and that works best. look in ur tackle shops 4 large shrip pattrens. u will also find u will floss alot of them. im not sayin that they will not bite just that when u are using a 10 foot lead and sinking line u will line some. a 7 right to a 9 weight works best..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.