BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone would have any good ideas to go for some great river trout on the fly. I know theres the Skagit, but thats a bit far away and I heard they are tight on the regs. Any other ideas would be great so I can get out there. Anywhere out to hope would be good, or anything closer :thumbup:Thanks.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The skagit is a great remote river to fly fish....although it is not open until July 1st

How far is too far? there is lots of good lakes in the lowermainland!

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
reelangler- the upper Skagit is 23 km east of Hope. There is the Squamish system. The Vedder is open to fly fishing until the end of this month. The Alouette is there as is the Pitt. Nicomen, Serpentine, Sumas and Coquitlam. Not great fishing and you must check the regs before hitting any of these waters.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
professori said:
reelangler- the upper Skagit is 23 km east of Hope. There is the Squamish system. The Vedder is open to fly fishing until the end of this month. The Alouette is there as is the Pitt. Nicomen, Serpentine, Sumas and Coquitlam. Not great fishing and you must check the regs before hitting any of these waters.
I know of whitefish in the Alouette, but do you know of how great the numbers are of rainbows in the river. I think ive only ever hooked into one by an accident. Have you ever fished it yourself?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe the Skagit is the only real productive trout river in the area. Unfortunately most of our local rivers don't have adequate food for supporting large populations of rainbows! This is what i've heard when doing my research although i can't vouch from experience personally. I have heard of some nice Bows being caught in upper squamish system.. good luck!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your help. Ill do some of my own research and see what I come up with. And please, if anyone else has anyhting to add feel free. Thanks,

-RA

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
reelangler said:
professori said:
I know of whitefish in the Alouette, but do you know of how great the numbers are of rainbows in the river. I think ive only ever hooked into one by an accident. Have you ever fished it yourself?
I have fished it for cutthroat, but during the salmon fry migrations in the spring. By now that is pretty much over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:) Hello everyone. New to this site. Im a Fly fishing guy as well. And love the trout :yummy:
I fish the Vedder alot, but right now water is milky & to fast. I would like to try Skagit one day, from what im hearing it sounds good. Cheers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No one has been to the Similkamein? I think this is the Spelling? :confused: Drive up to Manning park and turn off at the day park before the Ski area! Just hike up the trail a few miles and the walk back down to your car! great time and we hooked into some good fighting Dollies and Bow's. I do remember restrictions were tight but can't remember them. I have only kept 1 fish in the last 3 years! C&R is all about the moment and not the meat! :yummy: LOL hope this helps. I think this is part of the Skagit?

Have a good time planning the Trip!!!! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts