BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am new to fly fishing and I was thinking to exercise my cast tomorrow in the vedder river. I would really appreciate your help to figure out something.

I know I can fish only below the crossing bridge, but I am not sure where it is. Is it the one at the intersection between Vedder Road (which becomes Mountain Vedder Road after the bridge) and Chilliwack Lake Road?

And, which kind of fly and line should I use?

I thank you in advance for your help!!

Giuseppe

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
yes thats the right bridge :thumbup: and you want a RIO or other type of multi tip system so that you can get the fly down to the fish. right now big pink flies seem to be getting fish :thumbup: We were out last weekend and ran into Tim from M&Y and he said all his had come on big pink flies :thumbup: of course we had none :wallbash: and then went to the store bought a few to try out and ended up recieving a flat tire so fishing day was done after that was fixed :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the 2 spots i would recommend hitting are

Lickman -- go out to the **** and walk to your right you will see a LONG gorgeous run about 5 feet deep (unless water has risen)

Train Bridge-- huge run always has fish hiding somewhere, trying to find them can be tiresome but they are there :thumbup:

steelhead will hit anything cause they are stupid and aggressive and with the water warming up be prepared for large powerful battles. Oh and one more thing if you feel the small tugs dont set up but wait for the big smash (been told steelies bite flies this way alot) I myself have had small tugs and strikes but havent had one take it enough to hook it up yet on the fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.