BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,437 Posts
You will probably have more success trying to find a place to fly fish the vedder somewhere below the Vedder Xing Bridge or even the canal. Historically speaking fly fishermen aren't given much consideration either because of a lack of knowledge or just an attitude. I've seen more than one fly fisherman crowded out by other uncaring steelhead anglers many times. Getting there early may give you a couple of hours of freedom ............ but no guarantees.

The Fraser has been very high of late (about 2 Meters higher than normal). Once it returns to its usual levels and clears up a bit both Sturgeon and Salmon Fishing will improve greatly. I'd probably try to book something towards the beginning or mid August, September, or early October.

Pinks should start showing up in good numbers in about 3 weeks (+/-) ........ just a guess. One never knows the exact time when it comes to mother nature. I've seen them caught on the fly anywhere from under the Mission Bridge to Hope. The mouth of the Harrison is a great spot provided you have a boat.

Sometimes fellow BCFR members on here may have an open seat available ......... you just never know when some hospitality may be pointed your way.

WELCOME TO THE SITE & GOOD LUCK on the flow ...

GOFISH 8)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.