BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Another thing to consider when flyfishing for salmon, is to keep in mind how deep your fly is in the water. That is where the Rio Versi-tip system is real handy. If you find yourself snagging fish on a consistent basis with the fast sinking tip, use one of the gradual sink tips. Gives the salmon more of an opportunity to see and grab your offering. As for trout, I would not worry about flossing them. Remember there is a difference when fishing for a trout in a river, good sized trout in a stream will set up home in a prime lie. They will in most cases strike a well presented fly....depending upon what they are feeding at that time in the season. Try and floss them go ahead, it will be a lesson in futility.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
u have to keep the fly in perportion with the fish, obviously but my biggest coho 9lbs came to a 3inch coho blue pattern. And i hooked but lost a steely on a muddler minnow the size of my thumb. but i'm one of those guys that flukes just about anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.