Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channel 16, idaho, montana fly fishing rivers on right now!!!!!! :happy:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...wouldn't that be nice though huh? ;)

The next airing of this program will be Sunday, April 8th 2007 at 11:35 pm on King 5, channel 16 in Vancouver...

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Do you fly fish? If you do, and if you you want to see some folks fish some world famous waters, and talk about them, then yes it is a good show worth watching. If you don't think so, you can turn it off. Who knows, one day you might get to go to Idaho, or Montana and you will have an idea of where to go once you are there. Thanks for the heads up rib. I caught the last 15- 20 minutes. Really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was able to flyfish the Missouri River in Montana once. It was definitely a humbling experience, as most of the flies that are used down there are tiny, the tippets are super light, and the technique has to be perfect to catch fish. Heck, even the Whitefish were picky!

Nonetheless, a trip down to some of Montana's classic tailwater fisheries is a definite lifetime must-do even though we enjoy the world's most spectacular fisheries up here in BC. Too bad I missed the show.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just finished watching the show and what a great one it was. Showed some of the nicest water ive ever seen, and some really nice trout too. Thanks for the post rib, and please, if you know of any more times send 'em this way :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stoney, I fished the Missouri river from Halter dam down to Craig in the summer and fall months and we use Trico's in the morning, switch to hoppers mid morning and then to Cadius in the evening. Cadius hatches so thick that they get into your nose and mouth at dusk. Great blue ribbon trout fishing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess I should define my 'fill', an hour or two of fly fishing shows in a week is enough for me. I guess if you are after four or five hours a week of fly fishing then ya it would seem like it is mostly bass fishing...timing has a lot to do with it, I find my self recording he shows I want to watch as they are often on during hours I am not able to catch them.

I don't think there are that many fly fishing shows out there, if they had anymore then they do they would be well into reruns (for that channel, as most of the shows have already run on other channels) and we would be bored with it in no time. As it is there appears to only be about 30 hours of programming a week which is simply recycled until the following week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I always thought it would be really fun to produce a Fly Fishing only show highlighting western Canadian rivers and lakes, showing various techniques, different approaches.. etc. Throw in a bit of 4x4'ing to access some remote areas, some camping, and conservation concerns...it would a great show.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You just gave me an idea, we should all contact The Fishing Network and ask for more flyfishing shows. Public pressure works. There must be some reason they play all those bass fishin' shows.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
onemorecast said:
You just gave me an idea, we should all contact The Fishing Network and ask for more flyfishing shows. Public pressure works. There must be some reason they play all those bass fishin' shows.
They air shows they can get advertisers to buy. BC has tons of trout, hence fly fishers. The rest of Canada is populated mostly with bass, pike, pickerel, etc and hence fewer fly fishers. The advertisers are shops and manufacturers who wish to sell to the greatest number of anglers across Canada. Therefore tons of bass fishing shows on a nationally based service. Until that changes, check out Sport Fishing on the Fly. BC based, includes fly tying segments, segments on Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC workings, as well as techniques for various BC waters. Write letters if you want, but write them to manufaturers of fly gear, fly shops, guide and lodge services, etc. and get them to pay for fly fishing shows to be aired. Also, spend lots of bucks on fly gear and services.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If your looking for some fly fishing shows or local trout, salmon, steelhead shows check out some channels on sunday morning. local channels, i cant think of the channels exactly but there are some pretty good sshows on at that time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The World Fishing Network is my new fav. channel. There are lots of fly fishing shows on there. I saw one on peacock bass last week. Awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right about the Fishing Channel. Some of the fishing in Austrailia is really different. It would be great to see places like Chile, New Zealand, Siberia

G

·
That's funny, the general opinion of anglers in Quebec is that the fishing shows are always either sturgon on the Frazer or coastal B.C. salmon. Every week without fail. I guess it depends on which outfitters are giving freebies to the producers, and therefore which outfitters can afford to give it away. Targeting a specific market I suppose, or matching the hatch?

Perch opens here NEXT WEEK!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts