BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just joined this forum.

Has anyone been out flyfishing the Harrison River lately, I am travelling from Ontario this week and I am planning on spending the weekend in the Lower Mainland and want to fly fish for some Salmon, just wondering if the Coho have started in the Harrison or is there a better place to flyfish this time of year. I used to live in Vancouver and fished the Harrison in October for Coho in the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish Finder,
Thanks for the info,my only reason for asking, I was considering travelling to Terrace on friday and fish saturday and sunday, I was there the first week of Sept and had a great time with Coho. The only issue in the North is the water level, it appears that a significant number of the rivers are high and dirty. I have fished the Harrison in late October in the past and really enjoyed it but I thought it might be a little early this weekend. I guess I need to make my deicision early tomorrow morning.
I appreciate your response and your comments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
High water at Harrison

Nice meeting you on Saturday OTH. Water level was way high, not much room for the shore angler. Sure were lots of power boats roaring up/down the river...don't remember this being the case 10 years ago when I last fished the Harrison semi-regularly. Fish are definitely in the system but seems most of them are steaming straight on up river.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harrison Last Saturday

Takemyflyplease - it was nice to meet you on the water last weekend, I did hit 1 Coho in the funnel were we were talking, nothing else though...

Water was really high, on sunday I went to the Vedder, some Chinook being caught but I did not see anyone hook into any Coho, was at the Ken Wilson bridge area, water was in good shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts