BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
If I remember my "Boy Scout" experiences a nail knot tightens on it's self as it gets pulled harder.
If done poperly it will not come undone.

·
Registered
694 Posts
reelangler said:
If I pulled on both ends as hard as I can is it a safe bet it wont come loose?
That's the idea ;) And better to test now then let the fish do it for you. Just to check, so you have you're backing, then flyline, then did you tie in a couple of feet of heavy mono? or just the leader?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eimaj said:
reelangler said:
If I pulled on both ends as hard as I can is it a safe bet it wont come loose?
That's the idea ;) And better to test now then let the fish do it for you. Just to check, so you have you're backing, then flyline, then did you tie in a couple of feet of heavy mono? or just the leader?
LOL way to underestimate me... all I wanted was to know if my knot was most likely strong enough... not a slap in the face! :thumbup: just kidding. Yeah thats how I did it, theres no way I'm gonna connect my leader directly to the fly line, it'll just ruin it that way when I switch leaders.

I was just double checking the force of my arms would most likely overpower a fish... which I was pretty sure of in the first place. Anyways... I got what I was looking for, thanks guys!

·
Registered
694 Posts
D'oh, sorry man, just checking :peace:

But seriously, I don't know if those arms could really overpower any fish ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.