BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey gents was thinking of taking my spey or single hander up to Lillooet to try and get some sockeye instead of the gong down in Hope. Just wondering if any of you have some advice as to location? The mouth of the Seton River looks pretty inviting and have heard of guys fly fishing from Lillooet for them. Any patterns would help as well or do they have to be flossed there? I was thinking Squamish poacher type patterns in bright orange or chartreuse? Feel free to PM me or email @ [email protected].....

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
28 Posts
As I understand it ( and I may not) Sockeye are not actually feeding once they enter the river hence the floss fest we are now witnessing on the lower Fraser. All of the fly fishing I have done is an effort to get the targeted fish to take the presented fly in an attempt to simulate it's food source. As I said, I may have this all wrong but I don't think I am far off therefore recommending a fly pattern for a species that I do not believe is actually feeding would be futile. I am interested to hear other member's responses on this topic.

???

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have said it before and they will bite in fresh water but no out of the urge to feed. Aggression and territory are the motives I think. Had them take yarn while stripping in on an Island flow so they will bite. Just wondering about this particular location...... All good info or not I will giver her a try next week!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts