BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kow there is a section on here allready about fly tying and materials, but its more of a discussion on different materials.

Not sure if it would be good or not but to have a Section strictly to Fly Recipe's for everyone to look at !!!

I know of a site where i can add lots of recipes for salmon/steelhead and trout patterns

what do you guys think ?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
do you mean a section for tying instructions for certain patterns??? that would be something GREAT because I would use it. I dont have any patterns of my own to contribute yet but I only just started tying.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOOK said:
do you mean a section for tying instructions for certain patterns??? that would be something GREAT because I would use it. I dont have any patterns of my own to contribute yet but I only just started tying.
Something where people can add there own recipes if they wish, for everyone else to look at and ask questions about it.

Have The recipe section on its own in the fly fishing section but have 4 category's ex. Salmon/Steelhead/Trout/Course Fish that way it would be more organized so it wouldnt have all sorts of mixed up recipes mixed together.

I think it owuld help out allot of poeple that tie there own and is wanting to tye flies and they will have a discription in front of them to work off of.

·
Registered
452 Posts
What would be probably easier to administer for the site owner/mods is a master search page. ie Type in a fly, get a result from the web.
No need to reinvent the wheel as a number of people out there have already done the work on a variety of sites via a variety of media. The Youtube idea posted earlier is a good example of the work already being done. What this site (or its sister) could be effectively used for is original recipes or ideas that are specific to BC.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
11th Warrior said:
ummm...ok, forget I said anything, LOL.
Sorry,didn't mean to step on your post Warrior, just thought the idea of posting links we use was a good idea, and I've been using quite a few for reasearching different flies. I am a bit anal about bookmarking useful sites. Some of the bookmarks I posted are a lot better than others.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
professori said:
Sorry,didn't mean to step on your post Warrior, just thought the idea of posting links we use was a good idea, and I've been using quite a few for reasearching different flies. I am a bit anal about bookmarking useful sites. Some of the bookmarks I posted are a lot better than others.
No worries Prof :cheers: Your list was much better than mine :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
great links guys :thumbup: i like that last one Flyguy lot of different varieties and i barely even looked. man i have so much material to buy when it comes to tying trout flies :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.