BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions as to which flies would be effective at the mouth of the Stave. I saw a fellow hook a ten pound spring with a red and silver spoon but I stick to fly fishing. I have tried everything pink with a fast sinking tip on my combo line. Nothing to date. Thanks

Fastball
:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Try something flashy like christmas trees at the mouth. Further down river try olive or brown or black wooley buggers or different colours of rolled meddlers.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Flyguy has you headed in the right direction. Cut my teeth fly fishing salmon in the Coq and perfected my skills on the Stave. I have a bunch of flies I developed on the Stave: Mat Green (Chum), Flat Black (Spring), Dec 25 (Chum & Spring), St Nic (Coho & Spring), Blue Christmas (Coho), Dolly Whacker (Coho & Dolly Varden), and Bit Me (Coho). You can find the in the Compendium Of Canadian Fly Patterns. The store bought standbys are Chritmas Tree, black or green Wooly Bugger, Rolled Muddler. As for pinks; don't be fooled the anything pink advice is Horse-----. The only consistant producers I have found are the Happy Hooker, and a fly that Randy of Hatch Match'rs ties.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
newsman said:
Flyguy has you headed in the right direction. Cut my teeth fly fishing salmon in the Coq and perfected my skills on the Stave. I have a bunch of flies I developed on the Stave: Mat Green (Chum), Flat Black (Spring), Dec 25 (Chum & Spring), St Nic (Coho & Spring), Blue Christmas (Coho), Dolly Whacker (Coho & Dolly Varden), and Bit Me (Coho). You can find the in the Compendium Of Canadian Fly Patterns. The store bought standbys are Chritmas Tree, black or green Wooly Bugger, Rolled Muddler. As for pinks; don't be fooled the anything pink advice is Horse-----. The only consistant producers I have found are the Happy Hooker, and a fly that Randy of Hatch Match'rs ties.
Hey newsman where could one find Compendium of Canadian fly patterns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.