BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Im just wondering where most of you fly guys fish on the Vedder? Ive been down to Peach rd a few times with only a few small trout to speak of. Now I was out today and saw alot of people float fishing with about the same success as me, Nothing. Now im just wondering if when out on the Vedder you are getting out into the current and doing a fast retreive, or if there is some nice slower water some where that I havnt found yet? Thanks for any help and Advice. Also wondering what is the preferd fly type?? Floating or Sinking. Ive been catching trout on sinking flies but I think that the current is to fast for dries? Any thoughts. Thanks :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Depends on what you are after. At this point, in the year, I would say the Vedder is not the greatest stream to try for trout as Salmon season is just starting to heat up. If it is salmon you are after and you want to try for a Chinook read this month's edition of BC Outdoors Sport Fishing. They have a well written article on how to stream fish for Chinook salmon on the fly, and the tackle and techniques you can employ.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
yes the shops should have the book now. If your a subscriber then you get yours a few days before they do :thumbup: Great Article. I just subscribed to that mag. this year and will be renewing for years to come. It also has an article on spey casting, if you own one.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Another option for you gtxr, particularly if you are using a single hander and don't want to have to chuck heavy tips,or if the springs start beating you up, is to go and fish some of the frog water pools where the gravel removal has been done through the lower river. You know, the ones that look like big swimming pools and are quite deep...

The coho will move in there and hang out for a while... ;)

Good luck!

rib

·
Registered
56 Posts
ribwart said:
Another option for you gtxr, particularly if you are using a single hander and don't want to have to chuck heavy tips,or if the springs start beating you up, is to go and fish some of the frog water pools where the gravel removal has been done through the lower river. You know, the ones that look like big swimming pools and are quite deep...

The coho will move in there and hang out for a while... ;)

Good luck!

rib
There are a couple digs around the Peach area this year but I haven't seen any up around the bird sanctuary at all. Those were some nice holes last year. Are there any others around?

RR

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you're talking bird sanctuary I'm assuming that refers to the blue heron reserve ??? I know there are some down by Lickman, and also the train bridge. Fly fishing will be hard this year... that slide has made the river vis bad, like 6 inches at most and it will probably stay at around 6 inches until november when the river blows out. :wallbash:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.