BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little bit of a good karma giveaway to BCFR contributing members who are new or just getting into flyfishing...

Looking through my flyfishing stuff, and found a brand new, never opened Scientific Anglers Concept WF6F line. This is a weight forward floating line in a 6wt. Inside the package is a booklet from SA that I figure contain simple fly fishing knot diagrams and maybe some casting basics...I don't know, as I've never opened it.

This line is probably not as good as a Headstart line from SA, but will probably be decent and very useful. And heck...it's FREE! ;D It is bright yellow in colour and is a relatively short line at 57 ft.

Those of you interested in participating in the draw, please reply to this thread and I will add your name in the hat. On Sunday, December 16, 2007, I will draw a random name and post the winner. I'll also contact the winner by PM and request that a PM reply be sent back to me with a name and address that he/she would like me to send the line to.

Sounds, alright? Good luck! ;D :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that if you are already a good fly caster with good equipment, that you probably won't be interested in this as it is not a high performance line. Just something decent and short to make learning easier for the beginner.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I could certainly use a new line for my TFO 6wt......Stuff I got on that old reel is Baaaaad!..........throw me in the hat there, Stone!
I'll bet a lot of us have stuff we could give away...Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nocoho said:
if you think it would be okay for a 7 weight count me in....cheers
It's an old line, so I imagine it would be lighter than today's line weights meant for faster rods, but it should be okay. t just means you have to have a little more line out to load the rod tip, that's all.

Even though this line is older, it has been kept inside a drawer out of the light, and in its package. So it's in perfect condition.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay...the names were put into the hat and one was randomly picked out by my wife...and the winner is Steely Crazy! Congrats...PM sent your way.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
279 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I was away and just checked in. Must be my lucky day!!!

Thanks Stone! :cheers: :peace:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
steely_crazy said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I was away and just checked in. Must be my lucky day!!!

Thanks Stone! :cheers: :peace:
Nice congrats!:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I saw this line @ WalMart tonight and alllllllmost picked it up ($21.99). Knowing that it's a good beginner line, I think I'll go back tomorrow and pick one up. There's a sinking version as well so I might as well grab one of those too.

Thanks for the tip Stone :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.