BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0471-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Area 13 - Cape Mudge Finfish Closure with Co-ordinates

Pursuant to Variation Order #2010-277 the existing Cape Mudge finfish closure
in the Campbell River area is re-described using coordinates for the clear
definition of the closed area.

Fishing for all finfish is closed from July 15 to August 31 in those waters
inside a line from the float at the Cape Mudge Indian Village on Quadra Island
at 50' 01.393 N X 125' 11.805 W thence true west at 270' for one nautical mile
to a point at 50’ 01.391 N X 125’ 13.360 W, thence southeast 1600 true to a
point at 49’ 58.260 N X 125’ 11.616 W, this being the intersection of a line
drawn from the fishing boundary sign on Willow Point on the VI shore at 49'
58.008 N X 125' 12.489 W to the Red Can Buoy light off Wilby Shoals, Discovery
Passage at 49' 58.969 N X 125' 09.156 W, thence to the Cape Mudge light on
Quadra Island at 49' 59.913 N X 125' 11.736 W.



Barbless hooks are required when fishing for salmon in tidal and non-tidal
waters of British Columbia. This includes all species of fish in the Fraser

The term "hatchery marked" means a fish that has a healed scar in place of the
adipose fin.

Sport anglers are encouraged to participate in the voluntary Salmon Sport Head
Recovery program by labelling and submitting heads from adipose fin-clipped
chinook and coho salmon. Recovery of coded-wire tags provides critical
information for coast-wide stock assessment. Contact the Salmon Sport Head
Recovery Program at (866) 483-9994 for further information.

Rockfish Conservation Areas that are currently in effect and are closed to all
fin fishing. Descriptions of these closures, and other recreational fishing
information, can be found on the Internet at:


Did you witness suspicious fishing activity or a violation? If so, please call
the Fisheries and Ocean Canada 24-hour toll free Observe, Record, Report line
at (800) 465-4336.

For the 24 hour recorded opening and closure line, call toll free at
(866) 431-FISH.

If you wish to obtain a recreational log book please call Lisa at 778-859-0505.


Kent Spencer, Resource Manager 250-286-5885

Fisheries and Oceans Canada Operations Center - FN0471
Sent June 25, 2010 at 13:25
Visit us on the Web at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
1 - 1 of 1 Posts