BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input from people who own a set. Looking to replace my surplus herby pro tacs and wondering if these are good for float tubing. Do you have to wear some type of boot in them?? They are pretty pricey, pros and cons if anyone has any....

· Banned
2,854 Posts
I beleive the Force fins were designed more for Vboats and pontoons because your out of the water above your knees therefore you need that style fin to get good control. most types of force fins are made to strap around your wading boots but i have seen ones that were made to put your foot into. for a float tube i would just stick with the bigger flippers as these may not give you the push you want because of the way they are curved. i have tried a pair with my tube before i got rid of it and i didnt like them personnally but i know guys use them with tubes

· Registered
1,660 Posts
I've owned a set of Force Fins for years, and even though I don't use the v-boat much at all these days, I still keep them because they are by far the best fins I've ever tried. They work especially well for float tubes also, and the best shoe to wear with them is the neoprene shoe/boot with the flexible plastic sole. I believe Dragonfly puts out a product like that boot. The flexible sole allows your feet to flex while kicking, and this adds some effeciency and comfort to the whole thing.

Beware of imitation Force Fins on the market. At least when I used to work at M&Y years and years ago, there were cheap imitations that were less than half the price of real Force Fins. The problem is that they are not constructed out of expensive but durable polyurethane like the real Force Fins, and the imitation ones often cracked at the stress points like the corners where the piece over the foot meets the fin.

You will get just as good propulsion out of a good set of scuba fins, but the large size and long length of a scuba fin makes them inconvenient and awkward to get in and out of a tube with. But because decent scuba fins go for much less than Force Fins, many people do use them. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.