BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard some rumours that Forrest is scheduled to be killed off this year due to coarse fish that were caught last season. Does any one know if there is any truth to this? :'(

:cheers: Rick

· Registered
407 Posts
I have heard the same rumour Rick, I was un aware that any coarse fish had been taken this year. Will be sad to lose the lunkers in that lake while it is reahabilitated, but hopefully it will be for the better.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11th Warrior said:
What's a course fish?
Hey my friend a course fish is a carp, bass, shinner, pike minnow to name a few!

Eric said:
i believe it's not "the" forest lake you are thinking of that is infected but another lake named the same that is going to be killed off.
Yes it is the Forest Lake I am talking about! Someone had a confirmed catch of a yellow Perch there last season and the story I was told was about the lake outside of Williams Lake. Apperantly there was an article in BC Outdoors about it in the issure where Jason from Pacific Angler did an article on BBing for steehead! Does anyone remember it? It would be an absolute shame if this happened! :'(

:cheers: Rick

· Banned
2,854 Posts
sorry guys i dont see an article about Forest lake in that issue. I may be blind or its just not there :confused: I have never fished here but killing off a lake is sure a shame but sometimes its for the best.

· Registered
183 Posts
why do these idiots throw these perch, bass etc in trout lakes???? go to ontario if you want fish them....very frustrating...Forest has some real huge fish in there!!! I had heard the same rumour about Sheridan but only heard it from one source.....

· Registered
691 Posts
Actually it's in the Jan/Feb issue. Right near the front. They mention that Forest Lake is the first on the list for 2008, but they don't specify if it's the Forrest in the Williams lake area, so maybe theres another??? Hopefully :-\

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eimaj said:
Actually it's in the Jan/Feb issue. Right near the front. They mention that Forest Lake is the first on the list for 2008, but they don't specify if it's the Forrest in the Williams lake area, so maybe theres another??? Hopefully :-\
Hey eimaj, which other lakes do they talk about in that same article that are facing the same death?

· Registered
40 Posts
nellies,forest,philip,flemming,skimikin,miller and gordon.All these lakes are connected too adams or on the northeast hillside facing shuswup( that general vicinity )I'm pretty sure the lake youre talking about rick isn't the one mentioned as all these lakes are region 3 .but you never know .ask brian chan at the fly website he's prostaff or whatever.something tells me the pressure up there is going too be greatly increased due too web and shop talk of last spring :mad:

· Registered
407 Posts
Good news Eric, it would be a real shame to have lost those giants from Forest because of some self directed morons transplanting of coarse fish.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I second Eric's statement, Jack one of the Fly BC Mods and a great stillwater fisherman out of Billy's Puddle echos the statement that the Forest lake in question is not "THE" Forest Lake.

Needless to say he is happy about it as am I.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.