BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the fraser closes for bait fishing are you allowed to use any scent on your spin n glow or artificial eggs or plastic roe imitations ? does the water have to be quite deep for spin n glows or about the same for bottom bouncing ? the bars like st elmo scale bar jones bar are these deep enough for spin n glows ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jim is right the way it is worded in the fisheries notice it is a bait ban while salmon fishing so if you are targeting trout or steelhead and you by catch some springs oh well::)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Jim is right the way it is worded in the fisheries notice it is a bait ban while salmon fishing so if you are targeting trout or steelhead and you by catch some springs oh well::)
So lets all go throw big gobs of roe out and see how many coho we hook while steelhead and trout fishing? We can all make good decisions (i would hope) when it comes down to doing the right thing during these grey dfo notices. Yes it should be alot clearer but to the less experienced fisher they probably would not have thought about the trout and steelhead angle untill someone gave them the idea on how to cheat the system. Spin and glows are a very effective means of catching springs and do not need to be used with roe.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Or just do what everyone else is doing and bottom bounce, and put those strange looking Chinooks(also known in the Fraser Valley as "MY Spring") with the white gums in your cooler along with that Adams mother of all Sockeye with the red tinge stripe on the side and the red gill plate in the box.

Yup no evil bait allowed just some old school selective SNAGGING on the well managed Fraser River.

Never deep hooked a fish using spin n glo with bait in the fast water of the Upper Fraser, down in the tidal section using roe by itself is a whole other matter however and I totally agree with the bait ban there and this is the real reason for a bait ban.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts