BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyguys i will be heading out bar fishing on Thursday after work with the boat. i was just wondering what the fishing has been like lately as this will be my first trip of the year, also just curious what bars to avoid because of the bottom bouncers. i will be probably launching at island22 and was thinking about heading to wellington or there abouts, but not afraid to travel alittle. oh ya i will be bringing my 2 young sons so i would like to hit a bar with some beach to hang out on. thanks in advance for any info. pm if need be.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Take your boat downriver to Grassie...There is some nice gravel and flow on the top to top/middle and if there are any BB guys there tell them to get lost...Also could try the bar accross from the mouth of the Vedder Canal.above wellington....The bay has been decent for sturgies as well.
Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The river has shot up quite a bit this past weekend, but is clearing up significantly....try anchoring and plunking your glo's out the back of the boat as there should be zero gravel to sit on....grassy might be worth a shot, but if the weather is nice it will probably be full of flossers....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the feed back everyone, did manage to get out on Thursday evening with the boys and a couple of other friends with kids. we did manage to find a small piece of realestate to bar fish off of and for the kids to play on. managed to pick up 1 legal of 26.5" with 4 rods in the water for 4 hours. river is very high but water clarity is very nice. sorry no pics as i am computer eliterate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.