BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Not to start another debate, but I was wondering if that NR that plunged into the canyon was ever recovered? or is it still sitting at the bottom of the river?

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
612 Posts
Still deep sixed as far as I know..Call Giver on the River Guide service if you really need to know..It was one of their boats...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not to sound ignorant,as I am not familiar with the river above Hope. Would the current up there push a boat of that size back down the valley to the shallows or would it hold it in a back eddie or hole up there.
I remember as a kid going up the canyon with dad and seeing that pool I think it was just above Yale,(huge back eddie). He would say boy if you fell in there they would never find you, how deep is the river up in that area. just curious never been up there in the boat

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh its deep...when I was up there in early october...we were running 40-80ft (some 90) most of the time...there was a few 20 foot sections and that was it....I would imagine that the boat is still sitting up there in one of those back eddies....

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
612 Posts
I can just see it now. Some nice old pensioner will be fishing there in the spring minding his own business ,and the jetboat will surface right in front of him and give him a jammer on the spot!!!! :-\

·
Registered
587 Posts
it'll get stuck in a hole and covered in silt then years later someone will find a piece of aluminum down here in the flats that is attached to a boat. Darwin from fraser river tours went through there on the thursday after and the boat was gone..he sounded for it but could not find it. He is the one that found the fisheries boat that went down in the same spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts