BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Now there's a good one ...

You can only keep the small ones .... (30 - 77 cm) (12 - 30 inches). Protect the big ones for breeding .... good plan.

What saddens me ...

Nothing restricting fishing methods. Now that's what I call leadership and direction. Serioiusly, ....... I'm disappointed. :wallbash: :wallbash:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I expect DFO will be monitoring the river to see what methods anglers are using to target springs. If they see too much flossing you can probably count on them shutting the river down. I'll be barfishing or plunking some plugs or large spinners (don't forget to use scent) off the back of the boat.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
man this is interesting....77cm max?.....I wonder how correct that albion report is when the water is sooooooo high.....makes me wonder..for sum reason the HUGE fish (for me 30-40lbs) do not seem to come into the river until the last weekend of july and first week of august....I guess until then u can grab a few 2-15lber's?????????

Should make for an interesting year boys and girls!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Actually you can catch a Chinook and have a lot of fun too, without having to kill it, no different than steelhead or sturgeon.
I have caught plenty of 8-12 pound Summer Chinook and they are the tastiest.

Heres a day where we caught 5 Chinook with 4 being of this slot limit . this was late June.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more Rod. I do think the opening will be short lived though. You know that there will be a ton of long line in' and dfo will be using the selective defiance to shut it down again. Leave the trophy fish to spawn and wack' a jack. Bar and plunkin' baby, ******* past times can hardly wait
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bent Rod said:
Actually you can catch a Chinook and have a lot of fun too, without having to kill it, no different than steelhead or sturgeon.
I have caught plenty of 8-12 pound Summer Chinook and they are the tastiest.
Actually I like the jacks best for eating myself! I just meant if you have to catch and release, you might as well fish for sturgeon - you catch alot more and they are much more fun to catch! We have never had a day where we reel in 8 - 10 springs ! Mindu - (Rod) you probably have :happy: - looks like you did well in the photo :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.