BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn lots and lots of ho's jumpin , feet away sometimes but they sure seem to be tight lipped but there are some being picked off, not many hatchery I've seen so far almost all wild ones?? Newton and slaughterhouse seem to have great numbers of fish at high tide.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Don't know if they were wild or hatch,but I lost 2 and buddy lost one all in about 40 min late Sun. afternoon.All hit on cast and retrieved gold colarodos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few questions about fishing the mouth of the fraser as i've heard more and more people talking about it, first off, where is it good to fish the mouth?? I live right downtown and am wondering what would be the best way to venture to these places, second question, is it better to fish on low or high tide? and 3 is it alright to flyfish these parts or is it a better option to spincast?? not trying to steal any thunder at all just curious as its alot closer for myself and fishing partner and we have some itchy fingers, any info would be greatly appreciated, tight lines ladies and fellas and good luck out there and lets pray to these rain gods and get the rivers a flowing!!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
The adipose fin will be clipped on the hatchery fish...

here's a wild fish, with its fin intact:

and here is a hatchery fish with the adipose fin removed (this pic courtesey of big steel's signature):

The hatchery fish will just have a slight bump/scar where the adipose fin was...

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Salmoncatcher, I am faced with these same delemas in which you speak of. I am close enouph to hit the chuck but prefer to do a flow.Anywhere from point grey to the coal ports should be good if you have a boat and downriggers. First major high tide is best and look for other people fishing.The more experienced can shed some light on whats going on below.

-The north arm at Qweensborrough seems to be rather popular for spincasting right now or a little spot the locals call shady island in Steveston. There is a fishing dock there but if you can get to the island just south of that there is an old abandonded fish trap or wiere that fish "stack up" in and can be killer for tons of action if you're into that sort of thing.

-As far as fly fishing goes, you would be better off on a clearer river where the visibillity is more than 10 to16 inches Although I have seen fish take insects that linger too close to the surface on some of the slower lower sections of
the Fraser.

-Lots of great people here so don't hesitate to add to the discussions. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Tight lines,no snagging and have fun! Cheers Marko :D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saw two guys head fish slaughter-house- no one was catchin anything using spinning gear , lots of fish jumpin, these two guys came in for the last bit of sunlight with fly rods and I sh*& you not they were into ho's one after another, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the flies a "Lymann something if I recall and the other I have no clue" I never got into the art of fly fishing and well have never been taught how to.
But they were having a field day, I do remember the fellow saying he was using a sink tip, it was truly amazing, I've been down and out for the last week with a bummed hand but I've put my time in with gear and well not much to talk of for me.
From what I witnessed for those of you with the fly rods hit the slower water of the fraser like slaughterhouse I think you may be nicely rewarded. I'll try to get the name of the fly, as a had a friend fishing there, which is why I was there to visit and I'm sure he will remember the name of it, and post it.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Roscoe, how's your friend doing? Told a few of mine with slipperdogs and thought I was joking, made them think.
Back to your discussion, are we talking boatlaunch at the mouth of the Duedney Slough ?
I wonder how suicide is doing? I heard it was bone dry.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Newton and slaughterhouse seem to have great numbers of fish at high tide.
Hey Roscoe-pco,

I think I checked out Newton on my way home couple a weeks ago. You're talking about the rip rap bar at the end of Newton Road in Dewndney? If you are, I saw they same thing as you. I thought they were chum but hey......nevertheless looks lieka fun bar to throw spoons or spinners, what were you fishing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.