BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the coqihalla mouth today with green n chrome size 1 spin n glow and hooked 1 at 2 lost it in the clear water and hooked up with anyother and lost it around 330. the springs are in there i jsut need more time and better gear but. after loosin the 2 i got to more huge headshakes and off. by the way i was barfishin. threw it out in the fraser water and retreaved a bit and let it sit in the deep clear water. this is a great spot for springs espacially on a warm day. peace

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Fishinmansam,

Sounds like your day was a little more productivve than mine.

I went out yesterday, started at 6am, unloaded the boat at Gill Bar for her first fraser trip (they have closed down ferry Island Launch). Headed up river to the other side of the aggasiz bridge. We Barfished there for about 4 hours with no luck so I threw on a bb setup with a 3ft leader and a small spin n glo (pink,orange) for about an hour and had a bite but lost it in 30 seconds.

After that we loaded up the boat and headed down river, just below Gill. Setup the barfishing rig and barfished for another 3 hours with no luck. Some guys 50ft up from us landed one about 20lbs or so (Barfishing). Again I hooked up the bbing setup and tried spome more and I managed to land a HUGE 0.25lb Northen Pike minnow :cry: .

We headed in after that. My cousin spent his last 2 hours untangling his reel :lol: . The boat performed great out there, got to get used to loading the boat in the moving water though. Thank got for trailer guides :D .

Hopefully when I get back out there in july I might have some better luck.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts