BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the official family barfing day, so we loaded up at about 4:30am to hit the road(wife is not impressed at the early hours) we were the first to set up shop on the bar.RLN was not far behind in his sled with his wife. beauty weather, no people........and best of all no snaggers.
I plopped out the first green top and before I could string up the other rods, wham ding-a-ling-ding-a-ling.....fish on, so crash (aka john, my son) slams back on a 20 lb red. No tripping this time he did good ,but I took over when the fish came close to shore.
As I string up the next rod, turn my back for a second and,wham ding-a-ling-ding-a-ling. The wife slams back a big 7-8 lb jack , only to lose it close to shore.
RLN did lose a beauty to a jump,perhaps another 20 lber...............man I'm tired from running back and forth to those rods.
so 4 jacks later, and one 20 lb doe..........AWSOME day with good friends and family.

I guess this is why bottom bouncers do what they do..........less gear involved.

·
Registered
901 Posts
nice to hear some one doing well :happy:
i guess tomorrow will be the last time you use bait out there for a while :'(

·
Registered
417 Posts
nice ones !!! :thumbup:

when is the best time through the year for bar fishing?

I just bought a book about bar fishing ( see attached for cover ), awaiting by postal... . Hopefully this is a good book to learn from ( any feedback from those who read?), and I want to try this, I like 'bbq while fish idea' :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeh i have that one too
it is out dated :(
but still some good info in there :thumbup:

check out page 33 and see if you spot the error :happy:

and it states on page 26 that Brownsville bar is cosidered the best bar on the whole river :confused:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Britguy said:
Yeh i have that one too
it is out dated :(
but still some good info in there :thumbup:

check out page 33 and see if you spot the error :happy:

and it states on page 26 that Brownsville bar is cosidered the best bar on the whole river :confused:
I have read some old maps and books on bar fishing the fraser also. The brownsville bar thing always surprises me as it's always named as an excellent spot..... ::) Just goes to show how much the river changes as the years go by. :2cents:

·
Registered
193 Posts
i think the browsville is so easily accessed to a lot of people who dont have boats or transportation (as the skytrain is only blocks away) is why it might get more recognition than alot of others.i bought a house down in bridgeview years ago and was amazed at the amount of bar fishers that were on one stretch of beach at any given time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.