BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was way slower today than the last few days...most anglers commented that it was due to the 10hr commercial opening Tuesday morning.

I fished for seven hours and only had two fish on and lost them both. Only saw maybe twelve fish landed during a seven hour period throughout 14 anglers.

Tomorrow may be better eh? I'll be out there.

Cheers,

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sucked-in?

Hey guys,

I had a couple of days off work and hit the Fraser on Thursday and Friday (Aug 17 - 18). We hit a bar in the Chilliwack area (not peg leg). Thursday was not bad - my buddy and I were done at around 8:30 AM. Most of the anglers on the bar got their limit. The guys who frequent this bar said that it was not nearly as hot as earlier in the week.

Friday was very slow with only one fish between my buddy and I. I'm thinking we got "sucked into" the vacuum that was left by the commercial fishery last Tuesday. So - with the commercial fishery closed at 7:00 PM on Thursday and the apparent vacuum on Friday morning - that's around 60 hours later (2.5 days). I'm hearing that the it takes around 3 days for the fish to move through (or the vacuum to clear). If anyone gets out this weekend, please let us know how it goes! It'll be interesting to see how quickly the fishing picks up.

Cheers and have fun out there... :)

G

·
I was out today and it was very slow... I only saw about a half dozen fish taken.... Fortunately 2 were ours.. An 8 lb sockeye and a 22lb red spring... So needless to say I was happy for myself, but not happy about the lack of activity..

BTW: I was anchored near grassy if anyone wanted to know..

·
Registered
7 Posts
We were out at St. Elmo Friday evening and the pickn's were slim. A few guys took home one sockeye, but most left with nothing when the day ended. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts