BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Woohoo

Now I can get out and use all the bar gear and plugs and kwikfish that I bought for fishing springs. And get the fly rod out for the pinkies. Better get the boat cleaned out and ready to rock :happy: :happy:

Centerpin

· Registered
897 Posts
Wasn't crossable last Wed., Ask Chilliwack Search and Rescue who had to rescue a couple off the roof of their truck. Hopefully the driver is charged by MOE for polluting fish habitat.

· Registered
47 Posts
While fishing for Pink salmon in this area, the Department requests that the
recreational community take every measure possible to ensure that their fishing
activities are not impacting sockeye salmon.
:confused: Wonder what they're trying to say? ::) If anyone can can clearly explain, please do. <- insert sarcasm here

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Well thats great! Yeah! You know Im sure the reason they did this is because you can start fishing for springs on Sept 1 on the Harrison and I bet if they did not open the fraser - it would be an absolute gong show on the Harrison - Glad they decided to do this. Now if only this Pinks would show their face :thumbup:

· Registered
909 Posts
Strange how they opened it up and still no notice in regards to leader length. Let's hope the the ones inclined to floss will think twice, seeings as dfo wont hesitate to shut it down due to non compliance. Wishful thinking I know, Yee Haw it's Humpy hunting time again :yummy:
Cheers,
Crazy D

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey Crazy Drifter

I think you may be just kidding yourself about those inclined to floss thinking about it, a buddy I used to fish with stopped by tonight and him and the guys he fishes with are all set to commence the BB first light on Friday. There is just no convincing some people, same old excuses as to why and that it doesn't have any adverse effect, you know same old same old.. :wallbash:

Centerpin :naughty:

· Registered
606 Posts
The pinks are just starting to show,,no large numbers yet ...
All the people bbing will be catching sockeye most probably..
I hope search and rescue is ready,,it could be a very very ugly weekend on the Fraser..
I may sneak out once but we'll see....The rabid crowds scare me as its usually us guys with the boats that end up rescuing the goofballs that go for an unplanned swim.....
At least I will go prepared if I go at all...
Hint to all boaters...use your PFD's and take a heaving line with you that floats,,,you may need it this weekend... :thumbup:

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Just remember that there will be a bait ban in effect starting sept 4. here is the notice.

The following measures will be implemented to protect Interior Fraser River coho.

Tidal portion of the Fraser River (downstream of the CPR Bridge at Mission, BC)

Effective 00:01 hours September 4, 2007 to 23:59 hours October 5, 2007 in the tidal portion of the Fraser River (downstream from the CPR Bridge at Mission, BC:

the use of bait is prohibited while fishing for salmon.
fishing for coho is prohibited.

Fraser River - Mission to Hope

Effective 00:01 hours September 6, 2007 to 23:59 hours October 8, 2007 on the non-tidal portion of the Fraser River from the CPR Bridge at Mission, BC upstream to the Highway No. 1 Bridge at Hope, BC:

Fraser River - Hope to Sawmill Creek

Effective 00:01 hours September 8, 2007 to 23:59 hours October 11, 2007, on the non-tidal portion of the Fraser River from the Highway No. 1 Bridge at Hope, BC upstream to the confluence with Sawmill Creek:

Fraser River - Sawmill Creek to Alexandra Bridge

Effective 00:01 hours September 19, 2007 to 23:59 hours December 31, 2007, on the non-tidal portion of the Fraser River from the confluence with Sawmill Creek upstream to the Alexandra Bridge:

Variation Orders 2007-316; 2007-218 in effect.

Notes:

The aggregate daily limit for all species of Pacific Salmon (other than kokanee) from tidal and non-tidal waters combined is four (4).

Barbless hooks are required when fishing for salmon in tidal and non-tidal waters of British Columbia. This includes all species of fish in the Fraser River.

Sport anglers are encouraged to participate in the voluntary Salmon Sport Head Recovery program by labelling and submitting heads from adipose fin-clipped chinook and coho salmon. Recovery of coded-wire tags provides critical information for coast-wide stock assessment. Contact the Salmon Sport Head Recovery Program at (866) 483-9994 for further information.

Did you witness suspicious fishing activity or a violation? If so, please call the Fisheries and Ocean Canada 24-hour toll free Observe, Record, Report line at (800) 465-4336.

For the 24 hour recorded opening and closure line, call toll free at (866) 431-FISH.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
gooey Bob said:
While fishing for Pink salmon in this area, the Department requests that the
recreational community take every measure possible to ensure that their fishing
activities are not impacting sockeye salmon.
:confused: Wonder what they're trying to say? ::) If anyone can can clearly explain, please do. <- insert sarcasm here
I'm sure this means the try to catch pinks with out using 12 ft leaders while bottom bouncing! Just don't bottom bounce for the at all, there are other ways to catch them,Spinners Spooms, Jigs, Fly Fishing! Just avoid being a beak like everyone else and don't bottom bounce for your fish! :thumbup:

CK

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.