BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Launches are good to launch your boat in right now? I was thinking about launching at Ferry island on Sunday, any suggestions?

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Last I saw that launch is unusable what with the dredging and the high water. You best bet is Gil road or Island 22 from this side.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
depending on where and what part of the river you want to fish? hunter creek has a good boat launch as does island 22 and rosedale is good as well those would be the main ones everyone uses!

C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I might use the Gill Launch.

If you see me out on the river feel free to say hi! I have a red starcraft riveted aluminum that gets towed by a 94 red explorer.

Cheers

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Red and red, who can miss you? :D By the way I think Rosedale is the same as ferry island is it not?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Depending on where you are comming from , you can launch at Kilby park on the harrison or barrowtown on the Vedder canal.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marko, I belive there are two launches. One is on the Rosedale side and the other is on the aggasiz side.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just so everyone knows, the ferry island boat launch (rosedale) is closed. Nowhere to launch with all that gravel there.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Thanks Steelie, thats what I thought. Is the gravel almost gone? There was half left about three weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's about a 4ft pile of gravel right at the shoreline that wraps around the whole area. Don't know howmuch was there before, I haven't been there since the sock opening last year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
For those of you familar with Google Earth (the free desktop, downloaded verion), I've created a map of a few of the launches I know of in-and-around the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

If you'd like the file and would contribute a placemarker or two, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

If you don't have Google Earth, you can download it free from here: http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html. You'll need a broadband internet connection for it to work properly.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done the same thing myself. The only thing that bothers me about google earth is that you loose detail just before ferry island!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Carey rd boat launch at the end of Jesperson rd towards CHWK from Gill excellent launch good parking 2 wheel drive ramp, soon to be gated by city of CHWK. If you are a user of this ramp please bitch public forum July 4 I think. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts