BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Since the rains on the vedder i spent part of last week walking around some of the back washs from the gill/jesperson down to peg leg areas. I have caught a fair number in the last week, the largest was just over 17" average has been aroud the 12" to 14" range. I've been using everything from wedding bands and worms to dick nites to single jensen egg. The hardest part is been finding them. They're there just have to look hard, gonnna start working some of the creeks flowing into the fraser after next week. Looking to hear of any thing happening on the north side of the river
Tight Lines
Crazy D 8)

V

·
0 Posts
Been out every weekend with centerpin running all over the fraser even into blue ridge which was a great spot prior to a road they push through, which has put a great amount of silt in the river (nothing there now). had some luck last sunday in morris lake long way in by boat! has any have suggestions!!
thanx vette

·
Banned
187 Posts
hey, vette what kinda pin do you use for cutties? i have 2 avons are those to big or would you need a smaller pin? and what kidna rod can u use with it, i have pins rods from salmon but for cutties would a spinning to with a pin do?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
cohokid said:
hey, vette what kinda pin do you use for cutties? i have 2 avons are those to big or would you need a smaller pin? and what kidna rod can u use with it, i have pins rods from salmon but for cutties would a spinning to with a pin do?

thanks
i think he might be refering to "Centerpin" ... one of the members on this site

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got a question. Was hopeing to get in on the cuttie action on the fraser this year. Do the cutties usually sit in very shallow water (ie. less than 1 or 2 feet) or are they more consistanly found in deeper water.
I've scoped out a few creeks that feed the fraser, but they all seem to be a very shallow flat. Hard to reach the deeper water with the fly rod. Any input would help.
:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey vette you do realize that morris lake has No Motor rules right, there is a sign as you enter the channel into morris from the Harrison.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wiggy this time of year concentrate on the larger outflows, such as the Stave, Harrison, and the vedder for example, as spring nears the cutties will move into and around the smaller tributaries in search of salmon fry emerging from the gravel.

V

·
0 Posts
I've been using a 5wt fly rod and size 18 stones flies, I've never used a pin so I can't advise sorry!
Vette

cohokid said:

thanks

V

·
0 Posts
Yes I've heard that's why I used my elec motor
Thanks for the heads up
Vette
roscoe-pco said:
Hey vette you do realize that morris lake has No Motor rules right, there is a sign as you enter the channel into morris from the Harrison.

V

·
0 Posts
Yup :D :D and it's great. got it at Ruddick's close out there where soom sweet deals I stopped in on Friday with Centerpin, then purchased over $300.00 then proceeded to get-50% off :lol: :lol: the down side is we'll miss Ruddick's.
Fish Finder said:
Hey Vette, that wouldn't be a brand new FLi 5 weight would it? :lol: :lol:

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well finally made it out chasing some cutthroat over the weekend. Wind made casting interseting at times :shock: but always nice to get out on the water. No action but found some nice water for next time 8)

Anyone been getting lucky :p

·
Registered
318 Posts
fraser cutties

i went out on sunday.launched from dewdney up to harrison con.froze my ass off.threw every fly in my arsenal,not a sniff.switched to gear.skunked.thank god for rum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts