BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or heard anything about this? Apparently this is an annual deal the
government sets up to help keep the waterways safe for all but with snowpacks at a ten
year high there is justifiably a hightened interrest in the overall effectiveness of this
opperation.If we thought last years flooding was bad, an early stretch of unusually
warm weather would surely overshaddow some of those most recent memories of extreamly
high water and subsequent devistation....
Lets hope for a slow spring and a cool summer...Marko... :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I heard through the grape vine that funding as been cut, and that there is a very slim chance of the trap being open this year....I hope spring come's soon, and moderately melts the snow, better than all at once!

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I may be completely wrong about this, but I believe that the funding was cut 2 years ago and that the trap has not been implemented since then.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gofish,just what I was looking for. This system is as wourthwhile as any other
if not more so given its size, usage and key role as super hiway to many species fish.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thirteen football fields in sized ,three meters deep??? And $200,000 cost factor?????
Considering the wastage in both Federal and provincial spending that is a drop in the bucket..Sure hope it gets the bucks to keep going...
If not, get better insurance for your boats guys...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No kidding Abby ...... that's a lot of crap coming down the river ....... imagine the stress on some bridge pillars if allowed to remain unchecked for some time as well ...

GOFISH 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts