BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back a few days ago from alberta and i found the mighty fraser river in the rockies is where it orignally starts from! anyone ever fished it up there in the mountains b4? the water is so clean but very fast from what i've seen but looks fishable! just wondering on what can be cought at the headwaters of the fraser? btw i was in the bc side of the rockies!!!!! soooo definatlly not the columbia!!!!!

·
Banned
279 Posts
Are you sure this isn't the columbia? I'm positive the Fraser isn't up that way. Try chucking Len Thompson spoons in slower sections of the river.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the fraser actually starts as a tiny creek up in Prince George as far as i know... and comes down from there... so I would agree that this was probably the Columbia...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok take a look at a map and just before mt robson park in the rockies is the fraser river and yes it is the same one that runs through prince george all the way down through to the ocean!!!!!!! dosen't anyone know where the fraser starts? i've known this since grade school!!!!! bet ya a nickle.........

C.K.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I never realized we had such a well educated group of individuals in our midst...
I'll bet the nickel you didn't pay as much attention to that info when you were in high school... :wink:
My mom always said I was a bountiful source of useless information.......What else would you expect,she was a school teacher.. :shock:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I never realized we had a bunch of big money gamblers here on this site. Wow ....... I could get rich in say ...... 1,000 years. :D

GOFISH 8)

ps. You're probably right about the attention comment during high school ... :wink: Sports, Girls, & party favours ..... in no particular order of course.

J

·
0 Posts
How can people who live in bc there whole lives not know anything about the biggest river in bc on where it starts? lol a nickle eh.... big spender..... hahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Between all the money that changed hands and the geography lesson, I don't think our learned member received an answer to the question.
This area of the province has plenty of action starting right about now. The annual river level is dependant on the amount of snowfall. The river actually fishes a little better closer to Prince George as the freshet recedes and any of the small tributaries that you cross between Prince George and Jasper can be good. There are lots of 'bows, whitefish,salmon (in season) brook trout, dollie varden char . Small panther martin spinners seem to work quite well up there in the small pools and backwaters...................Ortho

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx fishortho the reason i asked that question is i travel to edmonton a few times a year and wanted to know if there were any decent fish in the fraser in the rockies! thanx again!!!!!

C.K.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you are heading there in the next few weeks you should check with the local sports store in George....You may hit more than you bargained for this time of the year if you are not in a big hurry to get to the 7th game of the Stanley Cup!!...Bring a BIG?HEAVY rod as well as your trout setup!!.......Ortho

D

·
0 Posts
springs go all the way to the end of the fraser hmmmmm thats a long swim the must be in rough shape neer the top :?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You might be really surprised....These fish pack on a lot of beef prior to their journey and are still chrome way up there..(500 miles)....JUst take a look at a map and wee how far salmon swim to the local spawning streams hooking up to the Lilloett River....Fraser River, Harrison River, Harrison Lake, Lilloett River and Lake then the spawning rivers.....A long and tiring swim to be sure. And about 2,500 feet of vertical.Pretty amazing!......Ortho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts